What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Good night for us - Lamb chops.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having chestnut, apple and proscuitto ravioli with browned butter sage sauce, a tossed salad and a toasted baguette.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by Trixxee (We're having chestnu...)
Trixxee, do you have any idea how you are annoying me with your wonderful menus during these dark two weeks??????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by cjs (Trixxee, do you have...)
Trixxee, you DO have some great sounding menus. I want to come to your house for dinner!

Dinner tonight will be grilled vegetable sandwiches. Ron actually asked for this one! It does sound really good. Grilled veggies, cheese, fresh tomatoes, and hummus all on a toasty french bread. It also calls for a low fat mayo with basil, garlic and lemon juice. I don't have low fat mayo, so if I make this part, I'll leave the cheese off of my sammie to keep the fat count down a bit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, you DO have...)
We're having Pecan Crusted Chicken served with Salad Greens with Honey Mustard Dressing. It's the one from the C@H introductory issue, and one of my very favorite salads.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, you DO have...)
We just got the wheels balanced on the motorhome, dumped the holding tank, and now Bob discovered 2 tires are low. Getting that taken care of right now. We've got Sam's Club and the local (Bismarck) grocery store for sushi rice and pickled ginger.

Could be "magic salad" (the rice salad) with some ground beef or shredded chicken breast added. Depends on what time we get home. We really need to work on eating that salad up - don't know if I can freeze it.

I forgot the fabric store too. Need to get some fabric to cover some pillows for the motorhome and see if they have a box that will hold 50 or 60 spools of embroidery thread so that it doesn't become a mess.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by karyn (We're having Pecan C...)
I think we all have some great sounding dinners! And I'm sorry Jean!

Lest anyone think I made the ravioli myself, I bought it at Costco. Hadn't seen that variety before. This will be my first time making the browned butter sauce. How hard can it be, right?

Jean - I know you're watching it this week but the next time you make lamb chops, consider the coconut curry sauce recipe from one of the '08 magazine issues (it's either the April, August or October issue). Coconut milk and apricot preserves are probably not on your "can do" list for this week though. It was a very nice dinner.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by Trixxee (I think we all have ...)
Good grief! I forgot the shrimp, too! MERCY! Theresa, this is all your fault...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief! I forgo...)
thanks Trixxee, your post is printed. sounds good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 7/28?? by cjs (thanks Trixxee, your...)
I just decided to bump it up a notch too. Stealing the idea from my ravioli lunch the other day - going to top it with two jumbo scallops. I don't know if it will all work but a friend of mine just talked me into it and I do have scallops in the freezer.