Isn't This Cute?
  Re: (...)
I made another recipe from the ACF calendar that is over my work area and it was really screwed up. So, I emailed the Idaho Potato Council about it - they agreed and changed the recipe online and then sent me this little guy - isn't he cute?

[Image: CIMG0820.jpg]

The recipe, which was very tasty after worked on was for Roasted potato bacon salad. That's the picture of it to the left.

He may go in the trailer to help Gert watch over us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Isn't This Cute? by cjs (I made another recip...)
That is precious! I DEFINITELY think he needs to go in the trailer. And how cool you got a response and a gift!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by Gourmet_Mom (That is precious! I...)
What a cute little spuddy you have!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by luvnit (What a cute little s...)
Laura...aren't you witty this morning! I love it...Spuddy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by Gourmet_Mom (Laura...aren't you w...)

Welll Spuddy see if miss Jean will post recipe - looks good and I am

home today and have time to experiment. Thanks

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by mjkcooking ([br]Welll Spuddy s...)
Oh lord do not let Gert see this...she's gonna be jealous
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by DFen911 (Oh lord do not let G...)
Isn't that fun?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by Mare749 (Isn't that fun? [im...)
but, but, but...Denise,she's a she and he's a he....Oh piddle, they're over my bed...

Here's the recipe -
Roasted Idaho® Potato Bacon Salad

Recipe courtesy of Ric Scicchitano, Senior Vice President of Food and Beverage, Corner Bakery Café, Dallas
Yield: 12 servings

2 1/2 pounds Idaho® red potatoes
2 1/2 ounces Canola oil
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
7 ounces Roasted Idaho® Potato Salad Dressing (see below)
2 ounces red onions, sautéed in balsamic vinegar (one of my questions was – did the balsamic come from the salad dressing or just use judgment. That question was never addressed – so, I’ll just use a little, it did give the onions a great flavor.)
2 1/4 ounces bacon, cooked, julienned
1 ounce fresh parsley, fresh, chopped

1. Cut potatoes into wedges, then toss potatoes with canola oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

2. Roast potatoes in oven preheated to 385° F with low fan for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown in color.

Place on cooling rack and allow potatoes to cool before mixing with other ingredients.

3. Place roasted potato salad dressing into a separate bowl. Fold in balsamic vinegar and onions, julienned bacon and chopped parsley until fully incorporated. Add potatoes and gently toss to thoroughly mix without breaking potatoes apart.

Roasted Idaho® Potato Salad Dressing:
(Makes 4 quarts of dressing, which is enough to prepare this recipe 8 times. Refrigerate and use and needed. They added this statement after I complained at how much these ingredients would make for the amount of salad ingred. )

1 pound brown sugar
12 ounces balsamic vinegar, white
14 ounce Dijon mustard, country-style
5 pounds Mayonnaise
2 2/3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper

This is what I will do next time for making 1 cup – BUT, have to say, I might make 2 cups ‘cause this is really good and it’s great to dip goodies in. (one of my questions was – did the balsamic come from the salad dressing or just use judgment. That question was never addressed – so, I’ll just use a little, it did give the onions a great flavor.)
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 oz. white balsamic vinegar
1 oz. Dijon
2/3 cup mayonnaise
Pepper to taste

Roasted Idaho® potato salad dressing
1. Combine brown sugar and white balsamic dressing. Mix in remaining ingredients and whisk until completely blended. Reserve, refrigerated.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by cjs (but, but, but...Deni...)
a handsome spud he is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the recipe - looks like something different to make

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Isn't This Cute? by mjkcooking ( a handsome spud he ...)
You're welcome! Enjoying the summer we are finally having???
www.achefsjourney.com