What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

My freezer is looking overloaded again, so I HAVE to eat out of it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
I'm cooking out of Nigella Express again. William picked Spaghettini with Shrimp and Chile. I have a question about this. She talks about sunblush tomatoes. I hope I'm correct in thinking she's talking about sun-dried tomatoes since in the ingredient list, it says: sunblush tomatoes in seasoned oil? I know this seems like a DUH kinda question, but who knows.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm cooking out of N...)
My freezer is busting at the seams too. I don't know why I keep buying more stuff instead of using what I have. Weird.

Whatever we have it may include grilled peaches. Had some for the first time last night and they were so darn good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by Trixxee (My freezer is bustin...)
Love grilled peaches...well, any grilled fruit!

Daphne, have you added this one to your list??
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post53083

It was so good - and two other ones we really liked are

Flash-Fried Steak with White Bean Mash, pg. 140
and the Instant Choccolate Pudding, pg. 150 (I grated white chocolate over the top)

"Spaghettini with Shrimp and Chile." this sounds good and I have most of the ingredients in the freezer, so would count for eating out of the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by cjs (Love grilled peaches...)
The Mellow Curry Meatballs is on for next week.

And I've been drooling over the chocolate pudding, among other desserts, since I got the book!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (The Mellow Curry Mea...)
Might be going out tonight, if Ron gets home early enough. Have a gift card for PF Chang that's been sitting around for ages and we forgot about it. So, hopefully, that's what we will be doing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by Mare749 (Might be going out t...)
I think we're probably going out, too. I'm tired...

Completely off-topic, but I've been watering today (again!!) There's rain in the forecast for the weekend, so I'll get a real break. Fortunately everything in the new landscaping is looking good, so watering will be tapering off over the next month. Next summer, these plants are on their own!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by karyn (I think we're probab...)
Grilled peaches sound yummy - will get some tomorrow. Mister is having Golightly and I'm having salad. I think by the week-end we can eat again.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by (Grilled peaches soun...)
Another Nigella success! I've got another fast and fabulous dish to add to the school night repertoire.

Jean, I can't thank you enough for recommending this book!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thurs, 7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Another Nigella succ...)
I made the Spaghettini w/Shrimp & Chile also - cheated a little and added some pine nuts and sprinkled a little Parm over. We both really enjoyed it. Roy had two helpings - darn near didn't leave any for his breakfast.

Did you have cooked shrimp? I didn't, so I cooked the shrimp in the garlic oil for a minute on each side, removed and kept warm and added them back in at the end. Gave the shrimp a nice flavor.

I'm making more dishes from your choice of books than I am from the ones I chose!
www.achefsjourney.com