What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu?

Think I'll play with grilled bread and a sandwich.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I made pizza dough last night, so probably grilled pizza and a salad. Not sure about the toppings just yet. Ron is so hooked on this and asked for it again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by Mare749 (I made pizza dough l...)
Maryann, I guess you know where to look for inspiration! "Pizza, Pizza Pizza!"

I'm making another dish from my July Cookbook Challenge choice, Nigella Express. We're having Italian Sausages in Hot Tomato Sauce with Polenta and a simple salad. It's not exactly the right kind of weather for this, but I've got some Italian Sausage that's been lingering in the freezer, the employee that loves to eat is coming, and it just sounds so good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I guess you...)
We'll be making the grilled shrimp satay w/grilled peaches. Steamed rice and sauteed spinach on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by Trixxee (We'll be making the ...)
We had the Italian Steak Sandwiches from one of the grilling books, along with grilled broccolini. Delicious! I modified the recipe because I wasn't reading carefully when I made the sauce...despite the fact I've made it many times before.

I added the rosemary and thyme to the sauce and cut the mayo in half. We thought these mods were great. Then, since I didn't feel like stripping more thyme for the steak rub/marinade, I decided to rub the steak with 1 part cornstarch to 2 parts kosher salt, as done in the Argentinian steak in the most recent issue of CI. I served the sandwiches on ciabatta rolls. The sandwiches were awesome, and I have leftovers for John's and DS's lunch tomorrow.

If you haven't tried this recipe, I highly recommend it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by karyn (We had the Italian S...)
That sounds great - I did not get any of the grilling books - looks like I need to. Thanks for the review.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by karyn (We had the Italian S...)
Karyn, was it this one Grilled Steak Sandwich with Green Goddess Spread or the Italian Steak Sandwich with Pepper Mayo (Bistecca Sandwich) which also appeared in Cuisine Tonight page 15 and Cuisine at home, June 2006, Issue 57, p. 47. It seems like that last one was also in the Grilling book, but I would not have noted it, since I've already made it.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by (That sounds great - ...)
Left over meatloaf. It's an interesting type I did a pound each of hamburger, pork and chicken. The spices were chili, cumin, a couple of diced jalapeƱos, some cilantro, mushrooms, carrots, onions and garlic.

I think I serve it over rice with salsa
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by DFen911 (Left over meatloaf. ...)
Denise, that does sound good. The salsa should really make it! But "a couple of diced jalapenos"?!?!?!?! Wait...am I reading this correctly? Three pounds of meat? For the two of you???? That's one heck of a meatloaf...LOL!

BTW, the Italian Sausages in Hot Tomato Sauce with Polenta and a simple salad turned out good, but nothing spectacular. One thing I learned, polenta instead of pasta now makes sense...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, that does so...)
Lol yeah I tend to get carried away But Laura and one of her friends from college came home today so we had plenty of food and I didn't have to heat up my kitchen.