Just in case you forgot the corkscrew!
  Re: (...)
How to open a bottle of wine

Don't worry if you don't speak French - it speaks for itself!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by Harborwitch ( [url=http://www.wim...)
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! Okay, the first one to try this has GOT to report.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I'll be a monk...)
Cool!

Not sure I'd want my waiter at a restaurant to do that tableside, though.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by labradors (Cool![br][br]Not sur...)
This sure beats the heck out of what we did in college. The shoe and the wine bottle are similar (although the odds of my bottles of wine being better than the one in the video are slim to none!), but we grabbed the closest stick and hammered the cork into the bottle of wine. That video shows a MUCH more elegant technique! I may wind up trying it some time.
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by karyn (This sure beats the ...)
I think I've had that wine! Yummmmm

I can remember using a screwdriver to shove the cork into the bottle! Jeeze
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by Harborwitch (I think I've had tha...)
Oh my, the corks we have shoved.....but, that's for another day.

Where the h*ll do you guys find this stuff?? Daphne, I'M NOT GOING TO TRY THIS!! (I don't think )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by Harborwitch ( [url=http://www.wim...)
Cool, I have another way, but I don't suggest it. I accidentally left a bottle of wine in the freezer last night. This morning I found it, the cork and popped out and there was wine slushy in my freezer. Luckily, not a lot, I had the bottle laying down, but the top was propped up.

Also, as to pushing the cork in, don't do it. We had red wine stain on our ceiling for a year or so, before we finally painted over it. From pushing in a broken cork into the bottle! Ugh!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by esgunn (Cool, I have anoth...)
I'm gonna try it!

Be right back....
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by DFen911 (I'm gonna try it![br...)
You know, I must say I'm not surprised at the first guinea pig...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just in case you forgot the corkscrew! by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I must say...)
Ok...let's review some safety things that I found out after trying this.

1 - The shoe should be a medium rubber heal. Not too soft like rubber soles on sketchers.

2 - This MUST be done on a wall that IS NOT PLASTER (getting the patch kit out)

3 - It takes a lot more force than indicated.

4 - Never, ever forget your cork screw.