Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers
  Re: (...)
This is in the last Grilling Book (Five-Spiced Glazed Chicken on the cover). Has anyone made this? I could have sworn somebody Maryann maybe?) reviewed it, but I can't find it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers by Gourmet_Mom (This is in the last ...)
Not me, but it sounds good!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers by luvnit (Not me, but it sound...)
Wait, I think I just realized why this sounded familiar and I associated it with Maryann! She did some shrimp skewers with lemongrass the other day.

But maybe somebody else has made this, though.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers by Gourmet_Mom (Wait, I think I just...)
No, I haven't, but now looking at it, why didn't I?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers by cjs (No, I haven't, but n...)
Okay, I finally made this. I kept thinking that timing got in the way...I just didn't get a chance or forgot to get the shrimp. In reality, I think I was anxious about it for the same reason I think I skipped it initially. The idea of the fresh tomatoes and fresh corn with pasta just seemed weird. I know, these two veggies come off fresh in the summer together, so why not?

Indeed, why not!?!?!? This was a wonderful summer dish! I'd give it a 10, for sure. I'm not sure why they call it Lemon-Garlic Shrimp...the lemon is not obvious. Although, I guess it would have been good to squeeze some fresh lemon juice over all, but all the flavors combined was the winning ticket with this dish. The acidity of the tomato and pop of the fresh corn with the tang of the feta....OIY! To be honest, I'd eat it without the pasta! I kept telling William this combo would make an AWESOME pizza...which is exactly what I will be doing in the near future!

Oh, I forgot to mention...I doubled (at least) the garlic in both the marinade AND the tomato mixture. Also, the shrimp I bought from my local source was about 26/30, so I got 2 pounds, just to be sure. (Perfect for four) Other than that, I made it as written.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I finally made...)
it's on the list. sounds really good
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com