If we all got together for a potluck?
  Re: (...)
I have often thought cooking with you all as a group would be wonderful. The next best thing would be having a potluck together. So my hypothetical question to all who converge here is:

If we had a potluck (in a perfect world), what would you bring?

Of course, this would be impossible, but still fun to think about.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by luvnit (I have often thought...)
My usual crowd pleasers:

Summer Pasta

Sauerbraten

White Chocolate Banana Cream Pies (The recipe I use was from December, 1995 Food & Wine. I know C@H also published one in their first issue, but I've never seen that one.)

P.S.: An ecclesiastical joke for those who know the theology behind it...
"Baptists have pot lucks. Presbyterians have pot providences."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by labradors (My usual crowd pleas...)
Good joke, Labs.

Since I always think of this kind of thing being something that is uniquely your own, I'd bring my dad's Brunswick stew and my mom's chocolate pies. And I'd suggest we have it at my house where we'd fire up the barbecue and cook a pig, just like my MIL and Dad used to do! Of course, this would necessitate the addition of my dad's black eyed peas, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by Gourmet_Mom (Good joke, Labs.[br]...)
hmmmmm, well I guess I'd start the hors off with Crab stuffed cherry tomatoes ('cause I just typed it up and its in my head )

and I'd probablly bring the Antipasto tortellini salad and maybe even a dessert - pineapple-apricot cobbler.

(just an aside - I'm thinking the pineapple currently residing in 2 vodkas & rum might be good in the Pineapple Crisp)

What a fun 'providence' this would be
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by cjs (hmmmmm, well I guess...)
"just an aside - I'm thinking the pineapple currently residing in 2 vodkas & rum might be good in the Pineapple Crisp" Uh, Jean, you may want to go back and reread the text above the recipe. She said she tasted the pineapple and it was too potent. Although, I sure would have to taste for myself. You never know...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by Gourmet_Mom ("just an aside - I'm...)
I'm thinking that those pineapple would somehow find their way into my blender!

For the potluck, I would bring my own recipe for homemade lasagna and Giada's recipe for bracciole. And probably a dessert, but that would be hard to choose. Maybe a lemon torte. Daphne, I think your place would be perfect!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by Mare749 (I'm thinking that th...)
Do you really need to ask me this question? Jello Shooters of course! Oh and some smoked meats
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by DFen911 (Do you really need t...)
LOL! Denise you are so funny! You are right, how could we even think to ask?!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by luvnit (LOL! Denise you are ...)
"Jello Shooters of course!" Well, hell, then why didn't you stick your hand up with a tray of shooters to bring to Erins???? I can visualize that....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If we all got together for a potluck? by cjs ("Jello Shooters of c...)
Yeah! I am sure you could have figured a way to make them in a motel room and bring them on bike! What's up with no jello shooters?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.