Jean and BevMo
  Re: (...)
So I get to BevMo and remembered Jean talking about a Syrah a while ago. I whip out the phone and send her a text message.

I get a phone call back and my phone decides to wig out. Shame on me for texting Jean...I knew I should have just called her..which I did

Well Jean, they didn't have any of the recommendations. So here's what I got. From R to L -

Tapiz 2008 Malbec, Mirassou 2007 Merlot (I love their pinot noir), Columbia Crest Grand Estate 2006 Shiraz, Powder Keg 2008 Syrah, Zenthesis 2008 Old Vine Zinfandel and a Riserva 2006 Chianti Classico.

[Image: MyWineBooty.jpg]

So when can ya be here to help me taste these?
  Re: Jean and BevMo by DFen911 (So I get to BevMo an...)
Uh, Denise, isn't that L to R? I sure wish I could come over and help you sample them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by Gourmet_Mom (Uh, Denise, isn't th...)
Oh God, she's as much of a duffus as me!! The only human in the world who can't text!!

Denise, I'm on my way! and I'm going to look for a couple of these. Watch out Bill & Jane, will be right behind me, I'm sure!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by cjs (Oh God, she's as muc...)
Where is this party???
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by HomeCulinarian (Where is this party?...)
ROFL!! Yes Daphne it is L to R..and no I hadn't been into the wine yet Gosh I am so bass ackwards hahahaha
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by DFen911 (ROFL!! Yes Daphne it...)
I insist on a report! I recognize some of those labels, so I'll be anxious know what you think...especially, these three: Tapiz 2008 Malbec (still haven't found a Malbec...must visit a wine shop Monday and check on this AND some sake, which continues to elude me), Mirassou 2007 Merlot, and Riserva 2006 Chianti Classico.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by DFen911 (ROFL!! Yes Daphne it...)
I too have had the Mirassou Pinot--delicious-Chilis serves it by the glass down here--and I've had the Chianti on the end --really a value--good for the money!! Can I come too?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by Old Bay (I too have had the M...)
Bill yes I have bought the Mirassou Pinot Noir by the case because we so enjoyed it. I must say that the last 4 years I have really found a Pinot Noir from CA that I have really liked. The only ones I really seem to like are from Oregon. Kings Estate is one I really love as well as Tori.

Daphne when I open one of these wines I will make notes of what I think and compare them with the descriptions. I'm very hopeful.
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by DFen911 (Bill yes I have boug...)
Denise--try Willamette Valley, Oregon Pinot Noir--Firesteed, Domaine Drouhan, Raptor Ridge, Argyle, and many more--very Burgundian--same latitude, proximity to ocean, altitude--terrior, terrior, terrior!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Jean and BevMo by Old Bay (Denise--try Willamet...)
I'll certainly vote for Oregon Pinots - they do a wonderful job.

And their Tempranillos
http://www.abacela.com/Wines/index.htm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com