Saturday's Dinner, 7/10?
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu?

I hope there is enough Pasta Cobb salad (by the way, Erin thanks for posting that one!) to go with the flank steak, which is marinating per the Black Diamond recipe I haven't done for quite a while. If not enough salad, probably will grill sweet tato fries. ALSO, have some more artichokes ready to be cut this a.m.

Oh, I picked up some haloumi at one of the farmers markets, so will do some on the grill - ala Grilling Book #3.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
I'm going to do the Steak Sandwich with Green Goddess Spread from the latest issue. I'm thinking of doing a potato and garlic recipe from Fast Food My Way as a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to do the ...)
I'm planning to do the Eggplant and Sundried Tomato Pizza. Going to start the French Country Bread recipe for the dough and see if I can do the pizza on the grill. I'm also rotiss-ing a chicken to take camping, but I may steal a bit to top the pizza. Rain last nite cooled things down, it's just about perfect (for cooking) right now
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by farnfam (I'm planning to do t...)
Well, I made this last night, so just might eat this all weekend! I know this recipe has been around for quite a while, but for those of you who haven't tried it, it's quick, easy, and yummy.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Eclair Dessert

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 box graham crackers
2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. cool whip
1 can chocolate frosting---(Betty's is suggested)

Put milk in a blender, add pudding mixes and blend for 20 seconds. Pour into a large bowl to set for 5 minutes. When set, stir in Cool Whip.

Line a 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers. Break to fit. Pour 1/2 of the pudding over that, then add another layer of graham crackers. Pour on rest of pudding and top with graham crackers.

Remove lid and foil from frosting. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well. Pour over top layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Source:
"Bernadette"
--------------------------------

As for dinner, I don't think we're going to be home, so probably just have something out. But, for lunch, I'm getting ready to grill some eggplant, top with prov, and make a pannini with popcorn bread that I took out of the freezer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by Mare749 (Well, I made this la...)
Maryann, you're evil!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, you're evil...)
I know, Daphne, and not exactly back on the "healthy diet" just yet. Summer is so much fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by Mare749 (I know, Daphne, and ...)
Whenever someone mentions éclairs, my memory takes me back to a bakery just outside of Lancaster, PA. The éclairs they sell are NOT for just one person, since they are big and contain a full POUND of custard! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by labradors (Whenever someone men...)
We're going to an appetizer cocktail party. So I'm bringing a garlic brie pizza I love appetizers so much.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by DFen911 (We're going to an ap...)
I have pizza dough, I have roasted garlic, I have brie.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/10? by cjs (I have pizza dough, ...)
Labs, a pound of custard?
(tears in my eyes...)

I want something "Greek", so I may do chicken kebabs marinated in lemon, olive oil, and fresh oregano, grilled zucchini and peppers on the side, maybe rice... and feta, at some point. I wish DH liked olives 'cause kalamata would be nice in this type of thing, too (I opened a jar last week and ate half of it in 2 days, so I have to control myself...). And maybe a salad. I love that it's finally cool enough to think of cooking!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com