Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania???
  Re: (...)
Since we've talked about Pennsylvania's crazy liquor laws before, you all should get a kick out of THIS news story. Pennsylvania is actually testing (in two locations, so far) kiosks where consumers may buy wine. Being progressive, modern or cutting edgs in something related to alcohol is something that NOBODY would have expected from Pennsylvania!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by labradors (Since we've talked a...)
Labs, your link doesn't go to the article.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by Gourmet_Mom (Labs, your link does...)
Fixed.

Had tried a shortened version of the link and it worked when I tested it, but that must have been from my cache. I have changed it to the full link.

Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by labradors (Fixed.[br][br]Had tr...)
Having been frustrated by how difficult it is to buy wine or beer in PA while visiting my in-laws, this really surprises me! What doesn't surprise me, however, is that I still can't buy anything easily north of Pittsburgh....the vending machines are in the East!
  Re: Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by labradors (Fixed.[br][br]Had tr...)
Yeah, like this going to work.

I still have friends have me bring over bottles they can't buy in PA.

LOL!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by BarbaraS (Yeah, like this goin...)
I lived in Pa for several years and put up with state stores--this is interesting, but the state might sell more wine if they hired someone who appreciates wine at every economic level to stock their stores, or in this case, their machines. Pa was the classic example of the gov't running a business badly (you can have any color, as long as it is a shade of brown).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wine vending machines in Pennsylvania??? by Old Bay (I lived in Pa for se...)
So far, at the "test sites", the wine is priced the same as it is in the state stores BUT prices are expected to increase slightly when (if) more locations are added since someone has to be in a central location, checking identification of the purchaser via webcam or something similar.

We live for our beach vacations each late summer when we can buy many bottles of wine and rum and surreptitiously haul them home-- the selection and prices are so much better out-of-state and it's a shame that it has to be like this.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com