I'm so proud, just had to share this...
  Re: (...)
Holly stopped by with the girls a few minutes ago to drop off these "goodies" for me to sample. When she was here yesterday, she was looking for the recipe for the Crab Louis Cucumber Cups and remembered seeing them in Issue 60. This morning, she made them with Abby and Katie, along with some fruit kabobs. Her mother-in-law and sisters drove in from Toledo to go to a concert here last night and were on their way back home this morning. Holly wanted to have "a little something to serve" when they arrived. She also had little slices of pound cake and coffee. In this day of busy moms and fast food, it makes me so proud when I see my girls spending time in the kitchen with their own kids and teaching them how to serve.

[Image: IMG_22852.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2287.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by Mare749 (Holly stopped by wit...)
Maryann,

What beautiful girls! The look so very happy and proud of what they had done!

The fruit and cucumber cups are spectacular! It was very sweet of them to share their accomplishment with you!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by esgunn (Maryann, [br][br]Wha...)
That is so great! and I'm so glad you shared this with us,
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by cjs (That is so great! an...)
The girls look so proud and too cute for words!

And the food looks wonderful! I'm sure Holly's guests really appreciated her efforts...how could they not?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by Gourmet_Mom (The girls look so pr...)
Wow! You did good with her, Maryann.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by Lorraine (Wow! You did good w...)
Now that just does my heart good! I so love to see kids getting involved with cooking And their dish looks wonderful!! Not to mention how beautiful those girls are.
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by DFen911 (Now that just does m...)
Oh Maryann,

This brings back so great memories when I would "help" Mom in the kitchen, or she she would let me and my little brother make our own Saturday pancake breakfasts! <sniff sniff>

They look so happy and engaged!! I hope you will be sharing this for many years to come!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by BarbaraS (Oh Maryann,[br][br]T...)
How sweet! Nice job on the presentation, too.
  Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by Mare749 (Holly stopped by wit...)
Quote:

In this day of busy moms and fast food, it makes me so proud when I see my girls spending time in the kitchen with their own kids and teaching them how to serve.

AMEN!!!!!
You did a terrific job, Mary Ann. As did the girls and their mom!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: I'm so proud, just had to share this... by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Too cool!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?