Poaching eggs
  Re: (...)
On one of the El Gourmet shows, today, the host poached some eggs by lining ramekins with plastic wrap, lightly spraying the plastic with something like Pam, breaking the eggs into the ramekins, gathering up and tying the ends of the plastic wrap (so that each egg was in its own, individual "bag"), then cooking them in simmering water. They came out beautifully, without the irregular shape of most poached eggs and without having to add any vinegar to the water.

Have any of you seen or used this method before? What do you think of it?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Poaching eggs by labradors (On one of the [i]El ...)
I have not seen this before, but it reminds me of those omelets cooked in ziplocs. I am just wary of cooking in plastic in general. My health is more important to me than a pretty egg. Not to mention the environmental impact.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Poaching eggs by chef_Tab (I have not seen this...)
Nope, I've never done eggs this way - the only thing I've ever cooked in platic wrap is poaching some sausages wrapped with plastic wrap.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Poaching eggs by labradors (On one of the [i]El ...)
I wonder if it is sort of the same as these. I have never used or seen them used but I have seen them in the stores. For the longest time I didn't even know what they were.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.