How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup?
  Re: (...)
How long can that bottle of ketchup stay in your fridge before it goes bad? If you want an expert opinion, go to the web site below. This site lists all kinds of foodstuffs and how to keep them fresher, longer: As well as when to get rid of them. If you have a question, just click on the particular picture, and a whole list of great things appears!! WHAT A GREAT SITE THIS IS!!

http://www.stilltasty.com/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by Mare749 (How long can that bo...)
Maryann, this is GREAT! I have always been leery of leftovers and storing raw meat in the fridge. I'm so fanatical about the raw meat, I automatically freeze it when I get home with it, unless I'm using that day. I'm going to share this with my mom, she's going to love it!

Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by Mare749 (How long can that bo...)
[blockquote]Quote:

How long can that bottle of ketchup stay in your fridge before it goes bad?

Sigh, I don't suppose this is the time to admit I've never refered ketchup at home (always at work), is it?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Funny, I grew up with the ketchup in the fridge, but William's family didn't...now it lives in the pantry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I grew up wit...)
Maryann, thanks so much for posting this. I'll definitely use it!

Slightly off topic, but your heading reminded me of one of my more embarrassing hostess moments. We're not a huge ketchup family, so our bottles tend to live in the refrigerator a loooong time. We had friends over for dinner one Thanksgiving, and they brought ready-to-eat shrimp. I didn't have any cocktail sauce on hand, so I whipped some up with horseradish, lemon, ketchup, Worcestershire, etc. They LOVED it, and wanted to know how I got that rich, deep color, which, unfortunately, was the exact color of the ketchup in the bottle!

Fortunately we all survived with no ill effects, but I'm a lot more conscious of the color of my ketchup these days.
  Re: Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by karyn (Maryann, thanks so m...)
Funny, karyn!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by pjcooks (Funny, karyn![br][br...)
Quote:

Funny, karyn!

PJ

Oh my that is funny!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Really neat site Maryann! I noticed on the home page the martinis and clicked to see if there was a shelf-life for vodka. I was happy to see that an opened or unopened bottle of vodka has an indefinite shelf life.

Not that this would ever be a problem in our house.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: How long can you keep a bottle of ketchup? by luvnit (Really neat site Mar...)
Quote:

Really neat site Maryann! I noticed on the home page the martinis and clicked to see if there was a shelf-life for vodka. I was happy to see that an opened or unopened bottle of vodka has an indefinite shelf life.

Not that this would ever be a problem in our house.

That wouldn't be a problem at our house either, Laura.

I always wondered about ketchup needing refrigeration. Growing up, we always kept it in the frig. And yet, restaurants leave it out all the time.

One time, my daughter left a bottle of Yoshida's Gourmet Teriyaki Sauce out on a shelf for a couple of weeks and forgot it had been opened. I didn't know what to tell her, so she called the 800 number on the bottle, spoke with a rep, and explained what happened. She was told that was okay, just to use it up within 2-3 months. Must be the vinegar in it that keeps it safe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."