What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30??
  Re: (...)
Wow, June is history already!!! What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I have pizza dough thawed out and a cooked chicken breast, so think I'll make a pizza out of the Buffalo Chicken Topping from the Backyard Bruschetta Bar in Issue #82.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by cjs (Wow, June is history...)
I think I'll do the Chicken Lo Mein tonight. I've got to run William to Southport, so I need another quick and easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'll do the ...)
Is he feeling any better?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'll do the ...)
I feel quite guilty as we will be going out again tonight. My college roommate and her husband are stopping in town on their way from St Louis to Boston. My kitchen is too small to entertain in so we are going to try an Austrian restaurant in town. It's a byob place, so I have 3 bottles chilling. Before that we are going to visit "my" winery to do some tasting. Then head off to hike around an ancient forest in the area. I am packing cheese, crackers, and salami to snack on as well as more wine. I made a half recipe of the sopapilla cheesecake to have for dessert at their hotel along with some montmorency cherry wine. Really looking forward to the afternoon and evening.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by chef_Tab (I feel quite guilty ...)
Wow, I think Ron and I need to make a trip to State College in the near future. What a fun day you have planned. Have a great time, Theresa.

I took a ham bone out of the freezer and made split pea soup since we got this nice cool weather that came through yesterday. We're going down to the lake when Ron gets home to fly my new kite so I'll put the soup in a thermos and make ham sandwiches on popcorn bread.

Daphne, I hope William is feeling better.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Mare749 (Wow, I think Ron and...)
I'm roasting some sweet potatoes, and we'll eat the various leftovers in the fridge.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Lorraine (I'm roasting some sw...)
This morning was a killer, but he's feeling better this afternoon. The urologist scheduled a CT Scan for Friday morning. We're hoping for more info from that. He's also taking measures this afternoon to counter the number the pain meds are doing to his digestive system.

While in Southport, we went to Thai Peppers and got sushi. I finally got to try Miso Soup. That was very good, too. It's funny, they called them lunch boxes...I guess they figured folks wouldn't get it if they called them Bento Boxes.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (This morning was a k...)
Daphne, how did you like it? We did that once at a Japanese restaurant. I loved it, Ron was just okay with it, but it was sure fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Mare749 (Daphne, how did you ...)
It was very good. Just in case, I just sampled William's box and I got some wings with a very good Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and fried rice. The rice there is not NEARLY as good as the rice at Loco Joe's though.

The down side is that William didn't care for the tofu part of the Miso Soup, but I liked it. That means I won't be using it in any recipes, maybe.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (It was very good. J...)
I must say Miso soup is one of the very few dishes I do like (or at least don't object to) tofu in.
www.achefsjourney.com