Surf & Turf Nachos
  Re: (...)
The restaurant we had early dinner yesterday is upstairs from Bert's Pub, a fun little joint we've stopped in almost everytime we're here. We did stop for a glass yesterday and checked out Chef Matt Mitzel's new dishes on his menu.

This one really caught my eye and I think I must play with -

Surf & Turf Nachos
Flank steak & shrimp sauteed with bells and gr. onions. Top with cilantro and served on black beans and topped with queso cheese dip, salsa and sour cream. Seasoned tortilla chips.

doesn't this sound good?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by cjs (The restaurant we ha...)
That sounds wonderful, but I'm really trying to lose a few pounds this summer, and it sure doesn't sound kind to the waistline! I adore queso dip, so it's one of the things I'm trying to avoid right now.
  Re: Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by karyn (That sounds wonderfu...)
Sounds delicious, Jean. Hope you do play with that one. We're suppose to be watching our fat intake also, so we would need a big salad to go with this, so we don't over-do.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by Mare749 (Sounds delicious, Je...)
Oh, anon was looking at this one too - I had forgotten all about it. The next book may have to have a chapter just for off the wall nachos!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by cjs (Oh, anon was looking...)
While I was searching for Pig's Wings for Laura, this thread came up also. Forgot all about it again. Gotta make these!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by cjs (While I was searchin...)
Sounds delicious. If you used low fat sour cream and a low fat mexican cheese blend or a sprinkling of queso (in place of the queso dip) I don't think it would be all that fattening. I wouldn't do it as just as appetizer though - it would be the meal. I wish I had some right now!
  Re: Re: Surf & Turf Nachos by Trixxee (Sounds delicious. I...)
me, too!
www.achefsjourney.com