Denise! Eric Greenspan
  Re: (...)
is on Next Food Network Star tonight! Three of the contestants have to re-invent his favorite dish, mac and cheese with a juicy steak. This is going to be a cool challenge.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan by Gourmet_Mom (is on Next Food Netw...)
OMG I did not know that!! He also got a mention in Fine Living Magazine too
  Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan by Gourmet_Mom (is on Next Food Netw...)
Quote:

is on Next Food Network Star tonight! Three of the contestants have to re-invent his favorite dish, mac and cheese with a juicy steak. This is going to be a cool challenge.

The mac & cheese is good with the steak--but a man of his "spoiled" stature should have sauteed mushrooms, and creamed Swiss Chard with it too--a fine Caymus Cab, and with a double espresso to finish!!

I'm spoiled too, just without the money, and the stature!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I learned to love mac and cheese served on grilled salmon with bbq sauce - years ago. YUM. Sure glad there were no "spoilers" in this thread. I took a chance and read it - I won't see this episode til we get home.

For some reason this year I'm enjoying the 'cast' of Bravos top chef better than Food Network cast.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan by cjs (I learned to love ma...)
When I worked at Wolfgang's, one of the quick things we served at the express was a big serving of garlic mashed potatoes topped with a garlic-butter sauce that was absolutely wonderful.

Another big seller was the mac and cheese.

One of our regular customers was a security guard from the big movie theatre across the way from us, and he almost always ordered the mac and cheese...

... covered with a generous portion of the garlic-butter sauce that we usually used for the mashed potatoes! One day, I finally tried it that way, myself, and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

I'm sure that meal wasn't exaclty dietician and cardiologist approved! LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan by labradors (When I worked at Wol...)
You know I never had mac n cheese until Derek and I were dating?!

And that's when I started liking cheese...and when I found out that cheese hated me DOH!