I Hate It When This Happens!!
  Re: (...)
Hey Everyone,

I know I haven't been participating as much as I would like (read: can't do this site from work), and my nights at home lately have been fairly busy with my Sis and BIL in town, so I'm borrowing a favor from this board.

I have that "bowl maker" teflon thingy that I heard of on this board and got it a while ago. It came with a recipe book that I cannot find for the life of me. And trust me, I HATE losing things! Absolutely!! So much so, I kept looking for a "lost" contact for four hours and found the dang thing!

If anyone out there has the recipe book, could I trouble you for the recipe for the Ice Shrimp Bowls that's actually on the cardboard cover? (yeah, I have THAT, go figure!) I do want to impress my Sis, BIL, and Mom when they come over this Friday for a picture show of our trip to Alaska. And we have the pics up on the Picasa Web site to share, but I'm not bothering Hubby about how to go about that right now as he's just had a very, very busy weekend with his, and my, family.

TIA!

Yes, Sharon, I am serving your pasta dish and I can't wait!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by BarbaraS (Hey Everyone,[br][br...)
O.K., Barbara, I'm not quite sure what the "bowl maker" teflon thingy" is - I'm wondering if I have it. There are unnamed people on this board who will come forward quickly to say, "YES, DUMMY YOU HAVE IT!" So hang on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by cjs (O.K., Barbara, I'm n...)
Jean, it's that thing that makes twin bowls that I made the meatloaf in and TRIED to make a chocolate cake in and failed.

Barbara, I don't think there was actually a recipe for that. I made one and was really impressed. All I did was fill it almost full with water. Do it in the sink in case you spill over. Then all I did was take slices of lemon and sprigs of dill and arranged them around the sides and bottom. Finish filling with water. Stick in the freezer on a level spot and allow to freeze solid. To unmold, flip it upside down, hold your hand under it and run water over the pan until it slides free. Invert onto your platter. You could do this ahead and just stick the thing back in the freezer until service.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it's that thin...)
Try the first PDF file on THIS PAGE.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by labradors (Try the first PDF fi...)
Yep, that's it, Labs! Well done!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by Gourmet_Mom (Yep, that's it, Labs...)
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by labradors ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Oh, I remember that one now - can't remember if I odrered one also or not... (I do have some odd things like that downstairs in boxes I've never uesed yet!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by cjs (Oh, I remember that ...)
Quote:

...(I do have some odd things like that downstairs in boxes I've never uesed yet!)

Forget the unused-cookbook challenge, I think Jean needs an unused-utensil/appliance intervention!
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it's that thin...)
Yaaaaay!!! Thanks Daphne! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: I Hate It When This Happens!! by labradors (Try the first PDF fi...)
Awesome Labs!! Thanks a gazillion!! I'm still looking for that recipe book, though.

Barbara