Jean, you might want to add this to your list.
  Re: (...)
Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmwRitYO3w
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Mare749 (Check this out![br][...)
Ah, Reading Terminal Market is NOTHING compared to Seattle's Pike Street Market!! OMG, that market rocks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by BarbaraS (Ah, Reading Terminal...)
That was cute, Maryanne. Did you make it to the market yet?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Mare749 (Check this out![br][...)
That looked like so much fun, Maryann. I would have loved going to that!

And retirement is how far away

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Gourmet_Mom (That was cute, Marya...)
Quote:

That was cute, Maryanne. Did you make it to the market yet?

Which one? Haven't been to Reading Terminal since I was a baby. (born in Philly) West Side Market, going tomorrow!
Maryann

Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yea, I was talking about West Side. You mentioned it the other day. Have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, I was talking a...)
Oh My God! That's Pike Place???? Did you see the baby about 3 min. 41 seconds into it??? What a cutie.

What was that? I saved it to my favorites - just to check out everything on it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by cjs (Oh My God! That's Pi...)
Sorry everyone, I watched it with the sound muted as my Hubby and niece were watching tv before we went to the folks' house for pool and BBQ.

Reading Market Terminal is a great place to look around and eat. It's just one square block in the proper city.

Seattle's Pike PLace Market is ENORMOUS and delightful and if I lived there, Holey Schlomely, I'd be buying a bunch of their gorgeous flowers and Fresh Crabs every weekend!

So, I rant. Seattle ROCKS, but I do love my Philadelphia and South Jersey.

95 degrees, 50% humidity. Yuck.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by cjs (Oh My God! That's Pi...)
No, Jean, it's Reading Terminal in Philadelphia. Be sure to turn the sound on so you can hear the opera singers.

My parents loved to go there when I was a baby and buy turtle soup.
Maryann

Re: Re: Jean, you might want to add this to your list. by Mare749 (No, Jean, it's Readi...)
I think that was great, but did you notice when the one man seemed to be singing by himself, everyone treated him like a crazy man? They whispered and shunned him until it became apparant it was a staged thing. That part always saddens me about humanity. Anyone dares to be different, and it's like a disease. We should all sing and dance when we feel like it!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!