Corn
  Re: (...)
Hi,

Whats your favorite way to cook corn on the cob?

We usually grill it but I am ready for something new.
  Re: Corn by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]Whats you...)
I love it grilled. I just rub evoo all over shucked corn and grill a bit on all sides. I could eat 3 ears that way myself. In the grilling cookbook there is a sauce to serve with grilled corn on the cob, I can post it for you.

I should mention that when there are leftovers, I scrape the kernels from the cob, combine with black beans, add lime juice, cumin and cilantro. I might love that combo even more!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Corn by chef_Tab (I love it grilled. I...)
We usually grill it too, but in the event that it's raining too hard to do that, I put it in the microwave. All you do is clean it and wrap it up in wax paper, twist the ends, and I think it's 3 minutes per ear, but I would have to check on that to be sure.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Corn by Mare749 (We usually grill it ...)
I boil water, then turn it off, and let the ears sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Butter. Eat. Rinse, Slather, and repeat!!

Barbara<~~~nothing better than Jersey corn and BLUEBERRIES just coming into season!!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Corn by BarbaraS (I boil water, then t...)
"Barbara<~~~nothing better than Jersey corn and BLUEBERRIES just coming into season!! "

Except for Jersey tomatoes!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Corn by Mare749 ("Barbara
we grill it now - used to boil with a little milk and for a very short time. Hate overcooked corn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Corn by Mare749 (We usually grill it ...)
We keep our grill at the winery, so I'm with Maryann on microwaving it. Don't forget to keep the cobs to make corn stock!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Corn by Mare749 ("Barbara
Quote:

"Barbara<~~~nothing better than Jersey corn...

More specifically, Silver Queen! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Corn by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I either grill it or put it in boiling water, like Barbara described. That's just long enough to take the raw flavor off but still be crunchy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Corn by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Actually Labs, Silver Queen has been gene'd out and no longer a seed option.

There are still some white corn hybrids from the SQ gene, and they are so tasty!!

What I don't like is the white/yellow hybrid they came up with. It cooks too fast and too mushy for my taste.

I'll have to pay attention to what Hunter's Farm does this year. It's the oldest running farm (1760) in South NJ and it's where I get my corn.

Barbara<~~~remembers planting Silver Queen in the backyard when I was just a kid in the 60's
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.