Serving question
  Re: (...)
The breadsticks which I have made are quite long and I really don't have an appropriate tray to serve them on (or the space, either) so I was wondering if it would be too weird to serve them upright in a (clean, very clean!) glass vase? Or does anybody have any other ideas?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Serving question by foodfiend (The breadsticks whic...)
Not that I am any expert on this, but I have seen them served upright in cylindrical containers AND it would take up less table space!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Serving question by chef_Tab (Not that I am any ex...)
I think vases or tall glasses are the most attractive way to serve breadsticks. I would use the herbs from the meal in the vase with the breadsticks, so if the meal had parsley in it, I would use some long parsley stems, or basil, or rosemary, etc or a combo. Depending on how many people I was serving, I might divide into 2 vases. Michaels has inexpensive bud vases which would work well for breadsticks. Tall pilsner glasses or even champagne flutes might work as well.
  Re: Re: Serving question by Cubangirl (I think vases or tal...)
I have a couple of vases I keep especially for catering and the look is great! Go for it, Vicci.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Serving question by cjs (I have a couple of v...)
Ditto the vase. I think it's a great presentation.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Serving question by Lorraine (Ditto the vase. I t...)
Thanks guys, I have 2 tall glass vases that are brand new so I'll use them (I made 30 breadsticks, so I'll need at least 2 vases and refill as needed).

Now, off to the lake! Wa-hoo!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Serving question by foodfiend (The breadsticks whic...)
I use anything that looks pretty! Unusual candle holders, vases, antique pitchers, what ever fits and is pretty.

Sounds like you have it almost figured out!

Take a minute and BREATHE.

PJ
PJ