Summer Drinks??
  Re: (...)
I am looking for some summer drink ideas and I thought we all could share. I just found out about a beer and lemonade drink. In the UK they call it a Shandy. In France they call it a Panaché. Other countries have other names for it, but it sounds refreshing.

Any other summer drink ideas?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Summer Drinks?? by luvnit (I am looking for som...)
Hey, Maryann! What was the name of that spritzer you had at Loco Joe's? Wasn't it Modern Spritzer or something from New Zealand, maybe? It was pretty tasty!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Maryann! What ...)
Oh boy, this will open a can of worms...but, I'm unpacking (slightly) the trailer so can't go into detail now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Summer Drinks?? by luvnit (I am looking for som...)
Along with your mixed drinks, add chilled pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, and Beringer white Zin. Easy and a lot of people like them. We are also serving Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea, and water for the 4th.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Old Bay (Along with your mixe...)
C@H's White Sangria (Issue 46, back cover, I think) is terrific! I also really like champagne cocktails in the summer. French 75s (but only with good gin) and champagne cosmos are both really tasty.
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Old Bay (Along with your mixe...)
I know it's boring, but an ice cold beer is great....no need to pollute.....er I mean dilute.....it with lemonade. I have a new wine love too. It's called Geisenheim. Served cold...lots of yum. And the ever wonderful and refreshing gin and tonics. Or vodka tonics. Excuse me while I head for the bar.....
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by chef_Tab (I know it's boring, ...)
Quote:

I know it's boring, but an ice cold beer is great....no need to pollute.....er I mean dilute.....it with lemonade. I have a new wine love too. It's called Geisenheim. Served cold...lots of yum. And the ever wonderful and refreshing gin and tonics. Or vodka tonics. Excuse me while I head for the bar.....

Get some "Fever Tree" or "Q" tonic water for your gins and tonic--you will be amazed--great, worth the price!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think I posted a recipe for a ginger martini - and we just saw the most amazing Margies made with cucumber!!! I think that one was on the Food Network. It looked beyond incredible - and cooling!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Maryann! What ...)
Quote:

Hey, Maryann! What was the name of that spritzer you had at Loco Joe's? Wasn't it Modern Spritzer or something from New Zealand, maybe? It was pretty tasty!

It was called New Age spritzer or something similar. Quite good. Bill, thanks for the heads up on the tonic.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Summer Drinks?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I brew a ginger peach iced tea (Republic of Tea is where I get it). And if you want to kick it up a tad, add a shot of peach liquer.

Fresh lemonade...oh my nothing finer!! And again if you want to kick it up add a shot (or two) of citron vodka.

I love red wine sangria with fresh fruit. I chill the wine the night before. For 2 bottles of wine I add 1/2 cup of OJ, 1/4 - 1/2 cup of brandy, and about 2 cups of fresh fruit - berries, sliced peaches, a few orange slices and about 1 can of 7-UP.

Another thing I love to do is make ice cube with fresh lime juice and add 1-2 cubes (the rest regular ice) for glass of sparkling water.