Help! My dog ate my recipe!!
  Re: (...)
Hey Y'all~

I'm all ready to make Limeade Pie w/Pretzel Crust and I see that my sweet and ever-so-mindful dog has eaten an important part of page 51 in the C@H Aug 2010 issue (#82). I have the ingredients for the pie itself but no directions and the directions for the cherry sauce but no ingredients. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by kristymiss (Hey Y'all~[br][br]I'...)
I will type this up now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by chef_Tab (I will type this up ...)
I used to have a dog like that....emphasis on USED to have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by chef_Tab (I will type this up ...)
Directions for Pie:
Preheat oven to 375. Coat a 9 inch springform pan with non stick spray.
Process pretzels and salt in food processor until sandy. With the machine running, drizzle in butter and continue processing until mixture clings together.
Press crumbs into bottom and half to three-quarters of the way up the sides of the prepared pan. Tamp down crumbs with the bottom of a measuring cup.
Bake curst until browned and set, 8-10 mins. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium to stiff peaks.
Whisk together concentrate and condensed milk in a separate bowl just until combined.
Fold whipped cream into the concentrate mixture to combine, transfer to cooled crust.
Cover pie with plastic wrap, freeze until solid, 8-24 hours. Thaw pie 30 mins in the regrigerator before serving topped with Cherry Sauce.

Cherry Sauce Ingredients:
Makes about 2 cups
Total time: 20 mins+chilling

12 oz frozen tart cherries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cherry jelly
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp cornstarch
Theresa

Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by chef_Tab (Directions for Pie:[...)
By the way, welcome Kristymiss! I wanted to get the recipe to you asap because if you are like me, you try to get any baking done early, before the heat of the day. I just got my August issue and have not had a chance to look through it yet. I am glad you brought that recipe to my attention. It looks different and refreshing, I will plan to make it if there is any company coming. If anyone wants the missing parts, let me know. I was trying to be speedy....not lazy.

Oh yeah, so glad my kitties don't eat cookbooks
Theresa

Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by cjs (I used to have a dog...)
Thank you so much chef Tab!

cjs-I do have moments of being dog-free. However-he's still a pup, boys love him (unless he eats something of theirs) and he's cute!! . I just can't believe out of all the recipes-I was going to make that one today. The Cream Style Corn On The Cob is a for sure for this weekend! Luckily he hasn't eaten that one...yet.
  Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by kristymiss (Thank you so much ch...)
you are very welcome! You should report back on how you like the pie. Our forum is a fun group. We help eachother out whenever we can and I have learned so much since participating. We would love to "see" more of you! I just realized you are in Georgia, I think we have at least two others from your state.
Theresa

Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by chef_Tab (you are very welcome...)
Hi, Kristymiss! I agree...I hope you'll report back on the recipe! What kind of dog? Cricket, our lab, was the best yet, as she never chewed stuff....not so with some of the others. We had one that had a thing for electrical wires!!!! I feel for you!

This looks really good! I have GOT to go to the PO and check for my new issue!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Kristymiss! I a...)
Um don't forget to take pictures and post em And welcome aboard!! Wonderful to see a new face....not that the old faces aren't fun mind you
  Re: Re: Help! My dog ate my recipe!! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Kristymiss! I a...)
Quote:

... our lab, was the best yet, as she never chewed stuff...

Labs don't eat recipes. We may eat the food made FROM the recipes, or we may eat the furniture, but not recipes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?