Dinner, Saturday, June 19th???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're hitting farmers markets today, so have no idea what we'll pick up. Erin's got B.B. & Corn pizza on my mind, so might make up some pizza dough for a brunch tomorrow.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have no idea. We decided not to try to cook up here, since I was very unsure of what was available. So this time I'll have to fill you all in after the fact...LOL!

I was hoping to go to the Mountain House for breakfast, but we both agreed that we were still full from last night. We'll save that for tomorrow. When we were in college, we would all scrape together enough money to go for brunch about once a month. They had the most spectacular pancakes or biscuits and gravy! The fact they're still in business is a testiment to how good it is...although they've moved to a new location. When I saw the old building gone, I was a little put out, but I spotted the new place on the way home last night from dinner. I can't wait! I hope it's as good as I remember.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. We ...)
We are having some gorgeous weather here, so I am going to sit out on the deck and read and be lazy. That means, I dunno what if anything, we're having for dinner. Plus it's opening day of bass season.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by farnfam (We are having some g...)
I have no clue yet. My plan was to make fish on the grill, but the man that sells fresh seafood from his truck in town didn't show up this morning. I have to work at the winery all day and that usually leaves me too tired to do much of anything. Maybe I can talk hubby into stopping at a restaurant on the way home.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by chef_Tab (I have no clue yet. ...)
Sounds like a plan, Theresa. Maybe I'll try that too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by farnfam (Sounds like a plan, ...)
We are headed to my sisters for a Picnic. Just wish it was picnic weather. I am taking a fruit salad, my mom is brining potato salad, my sister is grilling Salmon. Lot of nice fresh Alaska salmon coming into the stores right now. Not sure what else is on the menu.

Cue rain.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by esgunn (We are headed to my ...)
Bless your heart, Erin...rain would add insult to injury for you guys this weekend.

It looks like we'll be cooking after all. We DO have access to a grill, so I figure the easiest thing to do is hot dogs and hamburgers. He said absolutely NO chicken. I'm coming prepared, though. We'll be picnicing by the trout pond which was just stocked. A few trout on the grill would not be a bad thing. I'll have foil pouches of potatoes and onions with butter and a bag salad to go with.

I TOLD William I should bring one of my knives, just in case! He left his knife in his truck, so we'll have to pick up a cheapo.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Er...)
As it turns out, we'll be grilling salmon too. But not the really good kind like Erin will have. I forgot there was a fillet (a long one)in the freezer. It's in an Asian style marinade and will go on the grill when he gets home
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by farnfam (As it turns out, we'...)
Oh Erin, it's still not June weather?? I will not mention the weather in Medford.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Saturday, June 19th??? by cjs (Oh Erin, it's still ...)
It is absolutely gorgeous here today. Warm, no wind and blue skies.

Cousin Roy called and we're invited to the family fish fry put on by his sister June & her husband. We've been told that this is amazing!

Bob's taking beer for himself, tequila and margarita stuff for me, and I made a beautiful Israeli couscous salad to take (lots of cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, peppers, and feta).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!