Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th
  Re: (...)
We are trying these--make ahead and adding a Tb of Tequilla drizzeled over the top--looks fantastic!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by Old Bay (We are trying these-...)
Oh for heaven's sake, Bill - we're leaving this a.m. and now I have to drag my shooter glasses with me????? How did we all miss this one? How were they?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by cjs (Oh for heaven's sake...)
We are doing them on the 4th--we may do a trial run sooner though--look good don't they!?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by Old Bay (We are doing them on...)
When somebody has a minute could I have this recipe, please, please
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by cjs (Oh for heaven's sake...)
Jean let us know when you find the sun. I am anxious for it and may have to plan a road trip to find it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Oh crap! Tore the place up - found that issue! Now I have to find my shooter glasses so we can take them with us. I have to make these.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by Harborwitch (Oh crap! Tore the p...)
If no one posts it before tomorrow a.m., I will. I brought my shooter glasses with us so we can play~
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by cjs (If no one posts it b...)
We know that we have to bring all of our boxes in from the woodshop before we leave - I will look for my glasses. We will have to take them with us.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by Harborwitch (We know that we have...)
Here you go Cis. They look so cute!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mexican Parfaits with crispy tortilla strips

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup cilantro -- chopped
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
kosher salt -- to taste
2 avocados -- pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded
1 cup grape tomatoes -- quartered
1/4 cup scallions -- sliced
1/4 cup black olives -- sliced
10 corn tortillas -- cut into strips
lime slices

Combine beans and salsa in a bowl; set aside.

Whisk together sour cream cilantro, zest, cumin and coriander in a bowl until combined; season with salt and set aside.

Mash avocados, lime juice, and garlic until no large chunks remain; season with salt and set aside.

Transfer bean, sour cream, and avocado mixtures into separate resealable plastic bags. Snip off a corner of each bag. Squeeze some of each mixture into 12 two-ounce shot glasses, starting with the bean mixture and ending with the avocado mixture.

Top each parfait with a sprinkling of cheddar, tomatoes, scallions, and olives. Cover and refrigerate parfaits at least 4 hours.

Fry tortilla strips until golden; remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Place a few tortilla strips in each parfait just before serving. Garnish each parfait with lime slice. Serve parfaits with additional fried tortilla strips or purchased tortilla chips.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home Issue 78; page 41"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mexican Parfaits, CAH #78, pg 41--July 4th by Gourmet_Mom (Here you go Cis. Th...)
Thank you, Daph. These sound perfect for summer
Cis
Empress for Life