Fried Chicken
  Re: (...)
Our teacher asked us what our favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, everyone else in the class laughed.

My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef.

Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children. So I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office again. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.

I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.

I told her, "Colonel Sanders".

Guess where I am now...
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Fried Chicken by Harborwitch (Our teacher asked us...)
go find your room, Sharon....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by cjs (go find your room, S...)
My morning routine is to get up, grab blackberry and glasses and head for the "ladies room" where I can check my email in peace. Good thing we don't have neighbors who could walk by and hear me laughing like a demented person in the bathroom.

(Of course I told Bob I usually get my first laugh of the day in the bathroom - but that's when I look in the mirror
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Harborwitch (My morning routine i...)
Boy, are you in rare form today! That is funny, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Boy, are you in rare...)
Thank you Daphne. You should have heard the comedy routine I had going when I was doing all the breast cancer stuff! Talk about rare form!

There's a joke there too, but I'll leave it - Jean will send me to my room again!
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Harborwitch (Thank you Daphne. Yo...)
LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Harborwitch (Thank you Daphne. Yo...)
Why did the chicken cross the road? (I'll make this short).

1. Dr Phil: The chicken needed to see beyond his boundries.
2. Al Gore: To move north from global warming
3. Timothy Leary: To see the sun from everywhere in the hemisphere, and maybe others, see visions, seek blindness to avoid sight--OMG----oh oh
4. Col. Sanders: Did I miss one?
Sharon, you're my kind of gal!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Old Bay (Why did the chicken ...)
Thanks Bill!

One of these days . . . ask me about my radiation oncologist! I may have been the only patient that ever put him into hysterical laughter!!!
  Re: Re: Fried Chicken by Harborwitch (Thanks Bill! [br][b...)
Oh I needed that chuckle!!