Tuesday Dinner, June 15th?
  Re: (...)
What's on your menu?

I'm pulling a leftover out of the freezer, don't know which one yet. So, nothing exciting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by cjs (What's on your menu?...)
Pasta with pesto!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by DFen911 (Pasta with pesto! [i...)
Denise, I wish I was closer. I just went out on the deck to pinch the tops off my Basil plants. They're going crazy this summer. Time to make pesto again. I'm going to make this batch a double and freeze it all. I figure I'll be really glad this winter.

Tonight we're having another Cookbook Challenge dinner. Last night was AWESOME! So I have high hopes for this one. I do have one little concern, though. I don't have Shiso leaves, but the recipe said you could sub tarragon. So any advice on this would be appreciated. The recipe is titled Skirt Steak with Shiso-Shallot Butter...now say that three times really fast....heck I can't get it out once without messing it up. I had planned on making the Asian Noodle Salad, a C@H recipe, but I think I'm just going to wing a stir fry with my LOVELY stir fry sauce made with Jean's Asian Sweet Chili Sauce....YUM!...and probably some rice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by DFen911 (Pasta with pesto! [i...)
Oh, Denise, I was just thinking pasta with pesto would taste sooo good. Tonight we are meeting an old coworker of hubby's at a local microbrew for dinner. I might try their beer infused chili. Looking forward to getting out.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by chef_Tab (Oh, Denise, I was ju...)
Daphne, when I don't have shiso, I sub a little of mint and basil - it is also called Japanese basil.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by cjs (Daphne, when I don't...)
Well, the basil I've got. Since I don't have the mint, I think I'll try a little basil and tarragon, maybe? Especially since the recipe itself suggests the tarragon as a sub. It calls for 1 T of tarragon in place of 14 shiso leaves. We like the flavor of tarragon pretty much. I just have to be careful not to use too much. I think I'll check Culinary Artistry, too.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the basil I've...)
My basil Died. Too cold. it was 49 degrees at 10:30 this morning. Will we ever have a summer?

I think it will be soup in the crock pot. Only two more days of school. I am ready to be done!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by esgunn (My basil Died. [img]...)
Hamburgers, but I'm not at liberty to say any more, lest the recipes be deemed "previously published" according to the rules of the Sutter Home Winery Build a Better Burger contest.

Any of you thinking of entering? The deadline is July 31.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by labradors (Hamburgers, but I'm ...)
No burger building here... I've got a big mess of pea pods from the garden, so we will be having stir fry tonight. Working out of the freezer, pantry & garden this week. Out of town next week.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? by HomeCulinarian (No burger building h...)
"Skirt Steak with Shiso-Shallot Butter" Another winner! That's three for three!
Daphne