Monday's Dinner - June 14th?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

Not sure what the day will bring - sunshine? rain? will wait a little while before taking something out of the freezer to grill.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, I'm knocking out two more new recipes! I find that I have embraced the challenge! What fun! Thanks for the push, Jean!

Well, it's supposed to be 96 here today, so we're grilling again. Sadly, I'm still going to have to crank up the oven, but only for a short time. I'll just stick it in and hit the bedroom where the AC is blasting.

We'll have Chicken Wings with Sweet and Spicy Pantry Sauce (Put in marinade last night in the FoodSaver Marinater) with a Corn Souffle. I'll round out the meal with Chinese Cole Slaw. William LOVES this slaw, so if the new recipes don't please, he'll still be happy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I'm knocking o...)
It's supposed to be quite warm here too, so after going through one of my grilling books, I decided on the pork satays and grilled sweet potato planks. I'll go ahead and skewer squash and mushrooms for grilling too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by chef_Tab (It's supposed to be ...)
Very hot here too today, so will hit the grocery store on the way home and see what inspires me. I'm thinking grilled fish with a lemon buerre blanc sauce. Not sure how ambitious I'll be though
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by DFen911 (Very hot here too to...)
Well, the sun is still out, so grabbed some steaks and thawed them 'old Bay' way and 'the master' couldn't decided between russet or swt. tato grilled fries, so we'll have one of each... (I think there is even some Bleu Cheese butter in the bowels of the freezer, that would be a great surprise for him!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by cjs (Well, the sun is sti...)
I'm glad the weather is holding for you, Jean. Maybe this is a trend.

Speaking of blue cheese, I saw a recipe for Roy yesterday for Blue Cheese Slaw that looked good, if you're interested. I'm going to make it the next time I do burgers!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad the weather...)
(I'm repeating myself....) HELLO!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by cjs ((I'm repeating mysel...)
Daphne, you've got us beat. It's only 95 here! Of course I'm not sure that the extra degree makes a difference....

I'm trying a grilling recipe from FC--Margarita-Marinated Skirt Steak with Tomatillo Salsa. I couldn't fine a skirt steak so I'm subbing flank steak. We're also having a grilled corn salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - June 14th? by karyn (Daphne, you've got u...)
Karyn, after you hit 90, I don't think it matters much any more! Although, no AC in the house except for the bedroom makes for some sweaty cooking! I have GOT to get into summer mode fast, as in getting ALL prep work done before 10 AM and planning meals that allow for minimal cooking in the late afternoon when it is the hottest!

WHEW! Everything's ready but grilling the wings. The marinade was a little "interesting" when I tasted it last night, but we'll see.
Daphne