Well we commited - or need to be commited????
  Re: (...)
Well - we just did it! We bought a 36' Class A motorhome!

We're going to keep the mobile home here in ND - but we'll be back in CA before Summer is over.

The motorhome is beautiful (Lvstahoe & her husband checked it out for us), in very good condition with lots of nice extras, and we got it for exactly what we wanted to pay.

The galley is nice, there's lots of storage space, a huge slide-out, and a really nice layout. Now, lots of tubs, space bags, and figuring out what goes and what stays.

Oh geeze - now I really have to work on emptying the freezers and the pantry!

Uh, Jean, once we get all this squared away and know when we're heading back we'll holler. Plans are to take the northern route through Glacier National Park, up to your neck of the woods, and after a stop to see my nephews head to CA! Hopefully we can get together.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Harborwitch (Well - we just did i...)
Congratulations, Sharon! I know you're excited! I don't envy you figuring out how to stow stuff. I hope you're a good packer!

How's this going to work, anyway? You'll travel with your stuff TO the motor home or go get it and bring it back to pack?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations, Sha...)
We have a good friend who has been planning on coming out to help us winterize the mobile. If he's comfortable driving a 36' motorhome out that will be perfect. Then we'll winterize the mobile, load up the motorcoach and a trailer and have him drive the van and we'll tow the trailer. We can camp whenever we want and there's lots of room in the motorhome for all of us (4 dogs,1 cat, and 3 people).

After living on the houseboat I think this will be a cinch.
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Harborwitch (We have a good frien...)
Oh, yea....I totally forgot about the houseboat. I guess you are a good packer!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, yea....I totally...)
Always good to follow your heart, Sharon. Congrats, and I want to say have fun, even though I know it will be a lot of work.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Lorraine (Always good to follo...)
Lorraine - you are certainly one who knows "follow your heart"! Our life has always been such an adventure and here we go again!
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Harborwitch (Lorraine - you are c...)

Oh sharon - remember Erin and I are out here too! we would love to meet you

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by mjkcooking ([br]Oh sharon - rem...)
Oh it's going to be a great trip. We won't forget you and Erin!
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Harborwitch (Oh it's going to be ...)
How exciting! Congrats on the new motor home, sounds so nice
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? by Harborwitch (Oh it's going to be ...)
We'll all get together, that would be a lot of fun and would love to see you and Bob again, Sharon!!

...and the next chapter begins.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com