Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!!
  Re: (...)
I sure hope this works!! Bill will be back to tell us more about their trip.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...mp;t=1276440673
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by cjs (I sure hope this wor...)
Great pictures! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by cjs (I sure hope this wor...)
Quote:

I sure hope this works!! Bill will be back to tell us more about their trip.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...mp;t=1276440673

Thanks Jean!!!
You see land and sea iguanas, giant tortoises, blue footed boobies, sea lions, friends from San Antonio, Lafayette, La., & Maine, red throated male frigate birds looking for a mate, incredably enthusiastic naturalists leading us, Galapagos penguins (smallest and northernmost in the world), snorkling, we saw and swam with 4 ft sharks and rays, us and friends standing in a million year old lava tube, Jane & I standing on the equator,each in a different hemisphere, a guard at the Ecuadorian Presidential palace, a view of Quito--situated on the equator, 9500 feet high, where the temp never got over 70F while we were there, and us in our Darwins Pub shirts. Darwins Pub is actually in Austin, Tx., on 6th street!!!. The shirts were a hit on the *****, the Celebrity Xpedition (90 passengers, 66 crew) So much more--our experience of a lifetime. So many of these animals are only found on these islands--they have never been harmed and are fearless of humans, some even friendly.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Excellent, indeed! Great pictures and a wonderful adventure! Thanks for sharing Bill & Jane (and Jean)!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by Gourmet_Mom (Excellent, indeed! ...)
Holy cow what a trip that must have been!! Your pictures are fantastic I loved seeing all the animals. How humble to be so close to those tortoises.

And what about the food?
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by DFen911 (Holy cow what a trip...)
Yeah, I sure didn't see any of those.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by cjs (Yeah, I sure didn't ...)

Great Pictures, What a great trip - I would love to see someday -

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by mjkcooking ([br]Great Pictures, ...)
Very Cool Glad you had a great time
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by farnfam (Very Cool [img]/ubbt...)
Wow! Great adventure.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure!! by HomeCulinarian (Wow! Great adventur...)
What a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories. I hope to have a similar adventure some day.