Ideas for a side for this-
  Re: (...)
I'm trying out a new recipe for grilled chicken marinated in the following ingredients: Garlic, ginger, plain low-fat yogurt, ground cumin, ground coriander, crushed red pepper, paprika, ground turmeric, black pepper , and a pinch cinnamon.

I'm stuck on what to serve with this. Any ideas? Something light would be nice. I could probably just use one of the recipes I've already picked and use the leftovers, but I thought I'd see what you guys could come up with. (BTW, what's up with me picking Asian dishes all of a sudden? I guess I'm gearing up for my sushi experience in July...LOL!)

Sides I've already picked for this week include:
Cole Slaw
Asian Noodle Salad
Chinese Cabbage Slaw
Broccoli Salad
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Ideas for a side for this- by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying out a new...)
Who knows why but Lentil Pilaf was the first thought in my head.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Ideas for a side for this- by chef_Tab (Who knows why but Le...)
Basmati rice or couscous. Either way, be sure to include cilantro.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Ideas for a side for this- by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying out a new...)
Couscous or orzo salad with tomato & cucumber, some feta. Lots of parsley and cilantro. Cole slaw would be good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ideas for a side for this- by Harborwitch (Couscous or orzo sal...)
Another vote for Couscous with cilantro!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ideas for a side for this- by cjs (Another vote for Cou...)
Since William doesn't like couscous, and I did the orzo salad recently, I'll probably stick with rice. I DID however discover a Citrus Slaw that sounds good. Actually, I need to check out my cookbook for this month. I haven't looked that closely at sides and salads.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Ideas for a side for this- by Gourmet_Mom (Since William doesn'...)
Quote:

Since William doesn't like couscous, and I did the orzo salad recently, I'll probably stick with rice.

That's fine, too, but the cilantro will complement the other flavours well (especially the coriander - LOL!).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ideas for a side for this- by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was thinking I'd do my lemon rice (zest and juice added at the end) and just add some cilantro. But I'm looking for something other than starch. I decided to check out my Cookbook Challenge book. I found a recipe for Marinated Carrot Salad with Ginger ans Sesame Oil that sounds interesting. It's shredded carrots marinated in a mixture of sherry vinegar, grapeseed oil, cilantro and garlic. The dressing is reduced carrot juice, sesame oil, ginger juice and a little mayo...more cilantro. But it's not set in stone, yet, especially since there are several items that I don't have on hand, like the sherry vinegar and grapeseed oil.
Daphne