Dinner, Thursday, 6/10??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for tonight?

We're having ham sandwiches with (a farmers market) chutney and baked beans from the freezer. easy, easy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
It's a prep day for us, so probably leftover pork stew. Unless he grills more ribs than we need.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by Lorraine (It's a prep day for ...)
The ever popular Jambalaya on the Grill. I wanted to make gumbo, but it is supposed to be near 80 degrees today.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by chef_Tab (The ever popular Jam...)
We sure liked that dish, Theresa!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by cjs (We sure liked that d...)
Another Church Group dinner... picnic food at my house! Hot dogs, hamburgers and others are bringing the sides.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by HomeCulinarian (Another Church Group...)
I'm wanting mashed potatoes and gravy, so I'll be doing Salisbury steak with mashers and peas. After last night's lite dinner of Greek Salad with chicken, I figure I can splurge! It's really too hot for this, but....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm wanting mashed p...)
It's a salad night for us. We're trying another old CAH recipe...Cobb Salad from issue #22. It's a pretty typical Cobb salad (other than there is no mention of hard boiled eggs, which I'm adding). The only interesting twist is the dressing. Rather than a typical vinaigrette, you grill tomatoes, shallots and rosemary and then puree it with balsamic vinegar, and some other stuff, including a fair amount of brown sugar. I'm guessing it'll be a bit sweet, but I'm interested to try it.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by karyn (It's a salad night f...)
wow, Karyn, I am interested in hearing how you like the dressing. Sounds good, but I am not normally a fan of sweet dressings. I often cut sugar amounts in half.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by chef_Tab (wow, Karyn, I am int...)
It's a cool drizzling night here - knoephla soup and brats with kraut in them. Comfort food!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, 6/10?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
Crab cakes, remoulade, salad and fresh bread. If I get around to it, brownies for dessert. Easy and simple, just have to fire off the crab cakes.

PJ

It's cool and raining here, too, Sharon. Never made it out of the 60's today, which is okay with me, but it's so gloomy. Had to put a little extra hot sauce in my remoulade to perk me up!
PJ