We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!!
  Re: (...)
Warships from all over the world are coming into Victoria, B.C. today and will be here for a 5-day party!!!

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/articl...val-anniversary

So, we hopping (walk-on) on the Coho tomorrow at 8:30 and sailing over to see what all is there. Hopefully the aircraft carrier, USS Ronald Reagan, will be in port or arriving while we are on the high seas. New Zealand's HMNZS Endeavour came in this a.m.

We'll bring the late afternoon ferry home, won't spend the night - this is just too good to miss. We have binoculars, cameras, lunch made and we're ready.

It is so interesting around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by cjs (Warships from all ov...)
How fun!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Oh Jean, that sounds very exciting! When we lived in Yorktown Virginia, I would go to as many air shows and aircraft carrier "open houses" as I possibly could. My favorite was to be there when ships came back from deployment. I cry thinking about it. Have a wonderful time and please take some pictures!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by chef_Tab (Oh Jean, that sounds...)
That sounds like fun!!!! I'll be excited to see the pictures. We only had container ships come through at Southport on their way to the port in Wilmington. There is also a military terminal right up the river from town.

I'll never forget when I first realized what all those 18 wheelers parked in the grocery store parking lots were carrying back in 1990. They were waiting to load at Sunny Point. (The military terminal is right next to the nuclear plant, BTW.) They had small boats armed with machine guns in the river that year. Yea, scary stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds like fun...)
Have a great time, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Neat! I wish I could be there, this is right up my ally!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by pjcooks ( Neat! I wish I cou...)
I call dibs on her chair while she's gone!!!
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by DFen911 (I call dibs on her c...)
Keep that button handy, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by cjs (Keep that button han...)
Jean Enjoy your day - would enjoy seeing all the ships too.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: We're Playing Hooky Tomorrow!! by mjkcooking (Jean Enjoy your da...)
I love Victoria. Have a great time!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.