Recipe Organizer program
  Re: (...)
Anyone have a suggestion for a recipe organizer progam?

I was checking some of the posts and notice someone who uses Master Cook.
Do you recommend that program?
Are you able to send shopping lists to an iPhone?
Or sync recipes and shopping lists between a desktop version and an iPhone app?

I've used The Recipe Manager (good...though not great) and was looking for alternatives.

The main thing I'm looking for is the ability to creat editable shopping lists from the recipe database and
  Re: Recipe Organizer program by mike1220 (Anyone have a sugges...)
Welcome, Mike!

Somebody posted about using something with an iPhone, but I can't remember. I think it may have been an online thing. I'll try to do a search. If I'm successful, I'll come back and post a link to the thread.

That being said, I LOVE my MC. The version I have could be linked to a PDA...iPhones weren't invented yet. BUT there is a newer version...10, I think. I'm betting that one does.

One thing I like about MC is the Internet feature. You can import straight to the software. I also love using the menu manager/shopping list. You save recipes to the menu manager and send that to the shopping list. You can use the shopping list straight from the recipes, also. Then you can combine ingredients and organize the items by where they are located in the store, i.e. dairy, produce, etc. Lastly, is the price. It's only about 20 bucks...at least when I got it several years ago.

Cubangirl can advise you on another program. I would probably try that one if I didn't already own MC.

Here's the link to the discussion. I don't know if it will help much, but there you go: MasterCook and iPhones
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome, Mike![br][b...)
Thanks for the reply

I just received an email from The Recipe Manager stating that they are going to have the ability to sync an iphone app (personal recipes files + shopping lists etc) with an updated desk top version in the next 2 or 3 months. I'll wait to see how the update works out. The current program is good, but not great. It has the features that I want, but its not as user friendly as I would like. I'll keep Master Cook in mind...thanks again
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by mike1220 (Thanks for the reply...)
I just checked and the new MC11 DOES sync with your iPhone. Here's what it said, "BONUS On the Go! Stay organized with the iPhone® or iPad® ingredients on the go." and here's the website. MasterCook 11 I'd check it out. There are quite a few of us that use the basic program (MC9) and love it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by Gourmet_Mom (I just checked and t...)
I have no idea what you techies are talking about, but I just want to add my liking for MasterCook!!

Carry on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by cjs (I have no idea what ...)
I'm lost too, Jean, you know when you start to fog over and you realize it's not making sense so you just skim over to the end?

Still haven't mastered MC, Billy said he would walk me through it, I'm so sorry I never found the time. I miss Billy.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by pjcooks (I'm lost too, Jean, ...)
I use Living Cookbook and love its flexibility and options. No iphone direct sync but direct import from web and mastercook if needed. I use Evernote (free), to copy shopping lists and some recipes and Handy Cook to sync the rest of the complete recipes from it. I love LC's nutrition and meal cost info, as well as menu options and inventory capabilities as well as ease of publishing cookbooks. I have not found anything it does not do well, except it won't actually cook the meals. They also have the best customer support of any software ever. Free trial and unconditional 60 day money back. You can check their forum at Living Cookbook forum
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by Cubangirl (I use Living Cookboo...)
I'm a Living Cookbook user as well. MC 8 had some problems with compatibility with my computer several years ago, and I gave up on it. I'm sure those problems have been resolved by now, though.
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by pjcooks (I'm lost too, Jean, ...)
I think I love MasterCook. Billy tried to walk me through it - but we always got side tracked cooking something. Every now and then he'd bring me an update disk of all the recipes he'd put in his MasterCook.

I must apply myself to mastering it not just using it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Recipe Organizer program by Harborwitch (I think I love Maste...)
Here is a link to Mastercook discussions. I have MC 11 and Living Cookbook and like both. I've used Mastercook for years and one can install it on multiple computers. With LC, I am only able to use it on one computer.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MastercookDiscussion/