Recipe Book Challenge - June 2010
  Re: (...)
I'm throwing down the gauntlet!!! Anyone with me?

Starting Tuesday, June 8, 2010, I will choose one cookbook from the stack of 'never used' books in my house and I will cook a minimum of 4 recipes from each book within the month. (the first will be a week short and will end June 30, 2010)

I will leave this a sticky thread as long as anyone else participates along with me.

June 2010 Cookbook chosen: GoatCheese by Maggie Foard.

edited Wed. 6/9 - well, changed my mind already. But, it does make much more sense for me to do this. Since I'm finishing up my latest project, dinners will be haphazard at best for the next weeks. So, I'm choosing a book I bought for the trailer, and haven't used yet, that will solve my dinner problems...

Half-Scratch Magic
("200 ways to pull dinner out of a hat using a can of soup or other tasty shortcuts") This should be interesting.

And a 2nd book also to work in in between, Volume 1 of [Email]C@H[/Email] - issues #1 thru #6. O.K., this is written in stone!

Who else is in?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Recipe Book Challenge - June 2010 by cjs (I'm throwing down th...)
Not sure if I'll be able to join in or not. Most of my "never-used" cookbooks are in the States, but I did bring back digital photos of some of the recipes from them (in fact, one of those was the Popcorn Bread). Also, I do have a LOT of other recipes, from various sources, on my computer. Either way, there's no shortage of recipes - shall just have to see how the budget holds out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by labradors (Not sure if I'll be ...)
This sounds like fun and would motivate me to try more new recipes, but I'll be gone for a week. Maybe when I get back...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by Mare749 (This sounds like fun...)
I'll try this, but it's going to be the C@H issues I never got to. Don't really have a lot of cookbooks, guess I'm a bit of a minimalist
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by farnfam (I'll try this, but i...)
I'm going to work those in also, Cis. Good idea - especially given the forum this is....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by cjs (I'm going to work th...)
Well, at last count, I had 273 cookbooks...so I think this would be a fun challenge. My only problem is my picky husband! LOL Guess I'll just keep some extra cans of Spam handy..*gag, gag*
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by Bizymomma (Well, at last count,...)
Make him some spam burritos, Angela!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by cjs (Make him some spam b...)
Oh Jean, I'm not quite sure how I feel about that! LOL!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by Bizymomma (Oh Jean, I'm not qui...)
Well, I'm in...school is almost out. I don't have a new cookbook for this month, but there IS that Martha Stewart on Mom got me from the consignment shop OR I could use the Marcella Hazaan (sp?). I don't think I ever did make anything out of that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I'm in...schoo...)
Those are the books to look for, Daphne!

Angela, they are good! Old Bay was skeptical and I dared him to make them and he liked them too!
www.achefsjourney.com