Monday's Dinner, June 7rh?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to for tonight?

I've got some chicken left from making the Jambalaya on the grill, so might use it in a salad or add it to F&W's Lemony Broccoli and Chickpea Rigatoni.

P.S. re Sunday dinner - whoever has access to page 98 of Pizza!Pizza!Pizza! - you might want to check it out and maybe use Guyere instead of Provolone. Also, next time I make this one, I'm going to sub shrimp for the ham - it just seems to be calling for it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Duly noted. Thanks Jean!

Dinner tonight will be rotisseried chicken and either risotto or something with orzo. There was a recipe in Cuisine a while back for roasted vegs with orzo that was good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by Mare749 (Duly noted. Thanks J...)
College boy requested pork chops - will brine and grill them. We have some sugar snap peas to harvest from the garden. Starch will probably be a rice pilaf.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by HomeCulinarian (College boy requeste...)
HMM.....softball games over in Oklahoma,...probably will be fixing some Cuisine de McDonalds. LOL!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by Bizymomma (HMM.....softball gam...)
We cannot get the grilled pizza off of our minds so I am doing it again. Look what you started Jean!

I made the notes in my Pizzax3 cookbook. Love the idea of the avacado with shrimp!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by chef_Tab (We cannot get the gr...)
Ugh, clueless so far, but grilled pizza is sounding good
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by farnfam (Ugh, clueless so far...)
It's a recovery day. I had a huge pack of beef stew, so it's on the stove simmering.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by Lorraine (It's a recovery day....)
Oh, we LOVE gruyere! And the shrimp and avocado seem like they would be made for each other! I just happened to have the book by the computer, so I added your notes.

Shoot, I forgot to mention dinner. Since we didn't have burgers yesterday, I decided we'd do them tonight. I'll either do potato and onion packets or a chilled orzo with tomatoes and cuke. (It's so hot, it probably will be the chilled salad.) I wish I had some feta to go in there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, we LOVE gruyere!...)
We also love grilled pizza, and I've made notes in my copy of the book.

We're going to give the honey-lime chicken fajitas from issue 69 a try. They sound really tasty with the grilled corn side dish. I'll let you know what we think of them.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? by karyn (We also love grilled...)
Quote:

We're going to give the honey-lime chicken fajitas from issue 69 a try. They sound really tasty with the grilled corn side dish. I'll let you know what we think of them.

These were REALLY good! I highly recommend them. They are lighter than my usual fajitas, but the roasted tomatillo salsa and grilled corn added a really nice touch. I grilled the tortillas, but didn't bother melting the cheese on them. That seemed a bit too fussy for me. I just grated some pepper jack to add to the fajitas. I also served them with some homemade guacamole. All in all, a very tasty dinner.