Saturday Dinner - June 5th?????
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to and can you beat yesterdays thread?? What a fun one.

I think we're going to have Jambalaya on the grill (Issue #64) that Theresa (was it Theresa? is it my day to think?) who was talking about it. It sounds so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Potato Crust Quiche from Issue 45.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by BarbaraS (Potato Crust Quiche ...)
We put a pork butt in the smoker this morning. It probably won't be ready until about 8:00 tonight, so we'll be picking at that later. For lunch today, I'm grilling eggplant, topping with mozz and some sauce, and putting it on hard rolls.

Since the kids are all around this weekend, also making Lorraine's Cornmeal Cake, minus the cream mixture. I'll be using the lemon glaze instead. That way, I'll never know what I'm missing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by Mare749 (We put a pork butt i...)
I'm going to experiment with my marinator and brine some chicken legs and thighs in seasoned buttermilk. I don't know what sides I'll do. I had thought potatoes and onions with a salad, but now I may just try the arancini. But first I've got to get motivated...slow moving today. It was a long tough week.

Well, POOH! I just checked and realized I had to throw out my arborio rice. I guess it's a good thing. I remember now that I had planned to make pesto. (Thankfully, Sam's had the pine nuts last time...got two bags!) My basil is going CRAZY! So I'll make some pesto pasta instead.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to experim...)
Tonight is the Seafood Pie and a nice salad. If I can get myself in gear maybe some fresh bread.

Watching that new Cooking Channel, kinda got me inspired to do some cooking! Cat Cora just made a beautiful pizza with feta and caramelized onions with some thyme. Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by Harborwitch (Tonight is the Seafo...)
My sister is having a huge bbq for my nephew celebrating his starting Jr. High

So I'm taking pan seared shrimp, and brining a chicken in coca cola, salt and herbs and that will be grilled.

Jean what is the name of the book you have for your sausage recipes. I want to do my own kielbasa (sp) now that I have a smoker
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by DFen911 (My sister is having ...)
The best book ever on Chaucuterie!

Charcuterie by Michaael Ruhlman & Brian Polcyn

And, their Kielbasa on page 163 is really good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by cjs (The best book ever o...)
Heather and her kids were here for lunch, so between the five of us, we put a pretty big dent in the cornmeal cake. It wasn't even cool yet or glazed! We gave Heather the rest to take home, so guess I'll just have to make another one.
It was fantastic just plain; didn't even need the glaze.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by Mare749 (Heather and her kids...)
I sure am anxious to make this too, Maryann, now that we finally have the recipe....

It's on the list after Apricot/Pineapple cobbler. There goes my great idea for healthier eating.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - June 5th????? by Mare749 (Heather and her kids...)
A few months ago a few of my friends organized International dinner evenings. The idea is for the host to pick a country and everybody contributes a dish from that country. Kind of like a potluck but with international twist. Tonight is Thai. So I am up to my ears in Thai cooking. So far made thai coffee jello desert, carmelized cassovo root, thai sausage, marinade for the thai pork and chicken and thai egg custard dish with pork and shrimp. I wish I knew how it all suppose to taste but I guess we will find out.