Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa
  Re: (...)
Oh my, is this product a wonderful surprise. We picked it up last time we stopped at T.J.s - it's a tomato-less salsa with just enough heat to be really good.

I had one too many of Vicki's Mermaid Martinis yesterday afternoon, so just threw together some ingredients to stuff the portobellos with (thank heavens I did write them down: red onion, red bell, Italia sausage, gruyere and this salsa). Man, were they tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by cjs (Oh my, is this produ...)
Was wondering about that salsa, but had not tried it yet. We will now. Bet it would be a great addition to corn bread.

I must have missed something...what are Vicci's Mermaid Martini's???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by Mare749 (Was wondering about ...)
What are Vicki's Mermaid Martinis????? they are trouble!!

Vicki's Mermaid Martini - Hawaii

2 oz. hypnotic
1 oz. blue Curacao
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. sugar water (2 cups water + 3/4 cup sugar)

Description:
"This one will knock you on your a$$ in no time, but does it ever go down smoothly!!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh Maryann, what a great idea to add this to cornbread - not much sun this week, so some cornbread and soup sounds good.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by cjs (What are Vicki's Mer...)
Never heard of hypnotic, but just might have to try this one on a hot summer afternoon.

Now I really want to go to Trader Joe's for this salsa so I can put it in cornbread. Yum!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by Mare749 (Never heard of hypno...)
Maryann, it is actually spelled HPNOTIQ and I think it is a vodka base. I have never had it either, but the bottle intrigues me at the liquor store. It is the prettiest blue.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by chef_Tab (Maryann, it is actua...)
WELL SEE WHAT IT DOES TO YOU????? (first time I've really looked at the bottle.....)

Theresa's right - and it might just be the thing for your mirgraines....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by cjs ( [i]WELL SEE WHAT IT...)
Oh, dear...we've gotten in trouble with HPNOTIQ before! Heck that stuff is good just stuck in the freezer and drink it straight up! AND dangerous!

I want a Trader Joe's! The closest one to me is clear across the state at Charlotte!!!! Maybe when we get to Boone this summer, we'll go UP the mountain by way of Charlotte and come DOWN the mountain by way of the peach orchards, truffle farm, and wineries! Looks like we might want to plan on taking the truck instead of the mini!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by cjs ( [i]WELL SEE WHAT IT...)
Jean,

You are a bad influence and role model.

And here, I was going to cut down on drinking and exercise more this summer.

Yeah, right.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]You are...)
Oh, hell, forget the good intentions, Barbara, no fun.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Salsa by cjs (Oh, hell, forget the...)
hmmmmm, I wonder if I can convince hubby that I am purchasing the hpnotiq for my migraines? It would probably be cheaper than the prescription I take that only works some of the time........
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!