Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010
  Re: (...)
I have to 'work' today so I am up thinking about dinner already. I have ground beef, a great french baguette. All I can come up with is making spaghetti and meatballs. And a grilled Caesar Salad. Gosh, any other ideas out there?

What is everyone else having?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by luvnit (I have to 'work' tod...)
geez, Laura, I am not too creative with this, but you could make some juicy oblong burgers to serve on the baguette. It would be easier than spaghetti and meatballs. Or meatball subs.

I am making kabobs with some beef tenderloin. I haven't decided on sides, but I love rice pilaf with kabobs.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by chef_Tab (geez, Laura, I am no...)
Meatball subs sound so good!

I have leftover TBone from my b'day dinner, so we're having another Broccoli stir fry tonight.

June 1st!!! Can you believe it?? June, and we only got about 1 hour sunshine yesterday out of the whole holiday weekend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by cjs (Meatball subs sound ...)
Well, I've got 18 hour bread with sundried tomatoes on the rise. Just can't decide if I should bake it as a loaf or do Lorraine's focaccia bread. Leaning toward the focaccia bread, then make some good melty sandwiches for dinner and a Ceasar salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by Mare749 (Well, I've got 18 ho...)
I've been on a rotisserie kick lately I brined a chicken overnite and let it rotisse while we were out on the boat yesterday afternoon. Yum, how great to come home to dinner already cooked.
So for today, the leftover chix over a salad. Just wondering what to do for a dressing
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by chef_Tab (geez, Laura, I am no...)
Loooong day for me at work. Well long, at least for me. Trying to get this business startup going and lots of things to consider.

Hubby decided he wanted Mexican tonight. Yesterday was Cuban-Mexican fusion, today Mexican-American. I will make some guacamole and salsa, hubby will make some Tex-Mex Lasagna. So would that make tonight Tex-Mex-Ital night?

Does a gin and tonic go with that?
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by luvnit (Loooong day for me a...)
"Does a gin and tonic go with that?" A gin and tonic goes with ANYTHING!

I'm cleaning out the fridge! I've got salad, pizza and Cubano-style burgers coming out the wazzoooo!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by Gourmet_Mom ("Does a gin and toni...)
Quote:

A gin and tonic goes with ANYTHING!

Your words of wisdom have been copied and pasted Daphne!
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm tatooing them on my forehead...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight? June 1, 2010 by cjs (I'm tatooing them on...)
Quote:

I'm tatooing them on my forehead...

You and me both! I'm raising my glass with the rest of you (anything alcoholic will work at this point)! Two more work days and I'm done for the summer.

I began my goal of cooking seafood tonight...at least I took a baby step! I made seared scallops and served them with risotto and green beans. The scallops were pretty good, but I should have rinsed them (forgot that!). I also should have heated the pan thoroughly before I added the fat for sauteing. I'll do that next week when I'll try again. I figure one seafood at a time for a few weeks in a row will help me get more familiar with how it will react.

My real goal is to learn to cook sable fish well. I love that stuff, but there wasn't any in the store today. Maybe it will be available next week, in which case I'll definitely take a break from scallops!