Thursday Dinner, May 27th?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

My frig is absolutely empty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
And mine is too full! I have crab meat that must be used so I guess we will "suffer" with crabcakes again tonight. Maybe serve a green salad on the side. It is very warm today, the less time spent in this tiny kitchen, the better.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by chef_Tab (And mine is too full...)
It will have to be something quick and easy since I have to leave by 6. My niece is playing Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz at her school tonight, so we're taking the grandies early for front row seats. My nephew and his girlfriend have a Yorkie that will play Toto!

So, for dinner, I'm thinking BLT's, since I'll be babysitting my grandboy this afternoon. Gosh, it's going to be hard to go back to work!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by Mare749 (It will have to be s...)
You don't have time for that, Maryann!!

BLTs are what we're going with also - I have some beautiful basil left from the party and homemade bacon, so what could be better????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by cjs (You don't have time ...)
My basil is going CRAZY! I made a baked pasta with sausage, tomatoes (canned for now), cheese, and LOTS of basil. It was very good and easy. I can't wait for my 'maters to get going so I can have fresh 'mater sammies with (hopefully, homemade) bacon!

BTW, I need advice on trimming my dill. I finally have one that's living longer than a week or two and it's VERY tall and "leggy". I haven't needed any dill since I planted it...and won't for another week or two. Advice?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by Gourmet_Mom (My basil is going CR...)
Tonight I just threw a corned beef briscuit in the crock pot with a beer and a little water. Baked potatoes and that was dinner and a salad.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, May 27th? by esgunn (Tonight I just threw...)
**walks into the thread and see Daphne's response...walks out**