Did Barbara....
  Re: (...)
...check out with anyone????? She's been awol for a number of days now.

Denise prompted me to email Roxanne to see how they are doing - but, have not heard back yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Did Barbara.... by cjs (...check out with an...)
She did not check in with me.......darn her! But wasn't she going to be in Seattle and then go on a cruise or something? Hopefully she is enjoying herself and all is well. Maybe soon we will have a report of the trip, oysters, and photos!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by chef_Tab (She did not check in...)
...ANd she didn't give me her schedule so we could wave as they went by?????????? Oh, she is in big trouble.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by cjs (...ANd she didn't gi...)
Uh oh...

Barbara<~~~will check in later, STILL catching up on laundry, bills, yadda yadda yadda...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by BarbaraS (Uh oh... [img]/ubbt...)
When WILL the neighborhoood learn???? Theresa, you're falling down on the job.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by cjs (When WILL the neighb...)
I am so sorry.....I didn't know it was my day to think I need an assistant now, maybe a junior detective. Maybe Karyn or Daphne can help out over the summer.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by chef_Tab (I am so sorry.....I ...)
And bills, did I forget to mention catching up on bills?!

Barbara<~~~not going to her niece's THIRD trip on qualifying for the High School National Scholastic Rowing Championships in Saratoga Springs, NY.

sraa.net

Look up Harriton. I started the Girls' Crew Team in 1976. Yay!! They named an award after me.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by BarbaraS (And bills, did I for...)
Oh Jean. Seattle is such a beautiful city!! We got a change in reservations for Thursday night earlier, (but not for first class - the Hubby is 6'5" and needs the leg room) and rented a car and ran around Friday and did the Market Square, the Space Needle, and Elliott's on the Bay. Right? It IS Elliott's Bay and then the eponymous retaurant and Oyster House. I had no idea how HUGE Puget Sound is. One thing I wanted to do is tip my tootsies in the Pacific Coast. More on that later!

So, at Elliott's, I had a full dozen oysters, split between the Penn Coves and the Belons, they were delish!!

Then we both ordered the Bairdi Crab legs. He's never had crabby legs, but loved them! They were a bit over-done to me. I hate it when the whole section doesn't "come out" when you break it open and it flakes, but he didn't seem to mind.

Okay, so fast forward to cruising and coming back to Seattle.

Back to my wanting to dip my tootsies into the Pacific. I have never stepped into the Pacific. The Atlantic, yeah, Caribbean, love it. We disembarked on Saturday and rented a car to drive down to Wesport (sp?) WA - 2 hours each way to Seattle. We walked on the beach with the tide way out and collected over a dozen of Sand Dollars which brought back so many memories to Pete when he was stationed at San Diego to bring them back to his Mom and Dad. We got over a dozen of completely intact Sand Dollars!! He has since lost his Dad, but his Mom has no idea when we go see her this weekend what we have for her! We had dinner at Anthony's on the waterfront near where we we're staying at the airport. I finally got to eat a whole Dungeness Crab, but was it really? I only was eating the legs, no body meat. It was like, take the body shell off and SURPRISE!! Just leg meat. That was okay with me.

Jean, we did cruise through Victoria, BC, and saw the Straits of Juan De Fuca. The whole city was gorgeous, I'm envious where you live. I thought of you!!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by BarbaraS (And bills, did I for...)
Welcome back Barbara. It sounds like a fabulous trip!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Did Barbara.... by Mare749 (Welcome back Barbara...)
Welcome back Barbara! Your trip sounds AWESOME! I love the idea of dipping your tootsies in the Pacific idea! I'll have to remember that when I finally get over there. The crab experience is disappointing. I think I'll just plan on Jean feeding me a whole Dungeness Crab. I think she'll know how to do it "right"! It's a shame you didn't have time to visit, but it looks like you had a lot to do while you were there! I can't wait to hear what MIL thinks of the sand dollars!

But I'm glad you guys are safely home! We've missed you! You and Jeanette....HMMMM? This is becoming a trend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.