What's for Dinner, Tuesday, May 24??
  Re: (...)
Well, our Maryann is having a b'day dinner, what are the rest of us having?

We have some ribs left that I hid so Roy & I could have them, but everything else is gone, so maybe a couple ears of corn.

Did you all know that balls of homemade mozzarella can hide in a freezer for two years and still be usable?????? I didn't, but I found them yesterday, so used them up last night for a great Margharita pizza -
[Image: MargheritaPizza.jpg]

We made 3 different pizza doughs and then made up 4 pizzas, so now HouseBoat Don is an expert and he is off to entertain all his friends with homemade pizza. He's complaing about how much MY birthday cost him - he bought a $40,000.+ truck yesterday......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, May 24?? by cjs (Well, our Maryann is...)
We're going to have the Spicy Citrus Shrimp from the Smart Carb book. I think pineapple rice, and a fruit salasa.

If that doesn't fly - it will be Thai turkey burgers with coconut rice and a salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, May 24?? by Harborwitch (We're going to have ...)
What?!?! You can freeze Mozzerella?!?!?! I know you said homemade but what of the storebought fresh that's cryovac'd?

This is wonderful news cause I like to make extra pizza dough to freeze...heck I could freeze basil in water too. It doesn't have to be bright green for a pizza since it's gonna bake a tad anyways.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, May 24?? by DFen911 (What?!?! You can fre...)
Well, if I can freeze homemade, don't know why any of it won't. In fact, I probably have frozen the commercial 'fresh' mozz. at some point - I freeze just about anything. I like to have all of it on hand too, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com