Halibut in foil with white beans and olives
  Re: (...)
Vicci asked me to post the recipe for the DrGourmet's fish in foil.

http://www.drgourmet.com/recipes/maincou...foil.shtml

I could not find halibut, so I subbed cod. I also subbed kalamata olives for black and cooked the packets on the grill instead of heating up the oven. This was so delicious.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by chef_Tab (Vicci asked me to po...)
oooh, sounds yummy. Must try
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by farnfam (oooh, sounds yummy. ...)
I'm glad you posted this. I deleted it from my email before copying. It does sound really good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by Mare749 (I'm glad you posted ...)
Thank you, Theresa! I only ever have kalamata olives, so I'll be using them too (on my packet, DH is yet unconvinced of how wonderful olives are...).

Oh, and the Dr Gourmet website is featuring a recipe today for a spinach & feta frittata which looks quite good. We eat a lot of eggs, so this is right up our alley (although I don't think that PJ will be wanting to make this for a while... )
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by chef_Tab (Vicci asked me to po...)
This sounds so good, I love anything with white beans! Looks like a good website.

Vicci, that frittata and I will not be getting acquainted.

PJ
PJ
I have tried so hard to like steamed fish. The idea of cooking in croute or foil with vegis is so appealing--I just found I don't like steamed fish--I at least need it seared.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by Old Bay (I have tried so hard...)
too bad, Bill, this one is so good. Maybe you can just do all the other stuff in the foil and top your grilled or seared fish.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Halibut in foil with white beans and olives by chef_Tab (too bad, Bill, this ...)
Bill, I'm the same way - they do look inviting and interesting, but...just can't do it. Maybe, one day, to try....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com