Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds
  Re: (...)
Stopped to visit with Joan (LvsTahoe) one last time before leaving. Her son was there with a few of these treats left. Bob and I love the Wasabi peas, and there's a brand new can in the van - but these were so good. I had to look up the recipe on my blackberry.

Wasabi Almonds

Makes 16 servings

1 egg white
1 TBS water
1 LB natural almonds
2 TBS wasabi powder
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp cornstarch

Preheat oven to 250. Line a sided baking sheet with foil or parchment - set aside.

Whisk the egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy. Add the almonds and stir to coat well.

In a small bowl mix together the wasabi powder, salt,and cornstarch. Add to almonds and toss well to coat. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Stir, and reduce the oven to 200. Bake for another 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. I'm not sure that these would make it to a serving bowl before they were gone!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds by Harborwitch (Stopped to visit wit...)
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I actually have all the ingredients! I've been wondering what to do with that half bag of almonds in the freezer. William's gonna LOVE these!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds by Gourmet_Mom (What a great idea! ...)
What's that almond town between Sacto and Redding???? We had those almonds there. they are great - what fun to make them! thanks Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds by cjs (What's that almond t...)
Laurie & I were talking about these this am. I am wondering about adding a bit of raw sugar - a little sweet/hot thang! She's going to try it. She's also wondering about using arrowroot instead of cornstarch?????

I can't wait to get home and make these, Cousin Roy and Cousin Harry will love them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds by Harborwitch (Laurie & I were talk...)
I've had those wassabi almonds from Diamond I think. They are very good! I ate the whole can by myself.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Found along the way: Wasabi Almonds by esgunn (I've had those wassa...)
I am so glad someone brought this back to the top. I am copying and saving this. I love wasabi!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!