Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review!
  Re: (...)
We got to Cloverdale yesterday afternoon to see oldest daughter and family. We decided on grilled burgers for dinner and sent Bob off to shop. Laurie commented that she'd expected something more "gourmet" from me . . . so it was on.

I had gotten the C@H Grilling book Thursday - and had been browsing through it in the car and the Blue Potato Salad on page 19 just jumped off the page. Called Bob to pick up a couple more things and we were on our way to the best Potato Salad ever. We just made one minor adjustment. Caroline (Granddaughter) and I decided it needed hot sauce - so; note on bottom of recipe is to add some Frank's hot sauce. I'm sorry Grandmother Pearl - your potato salad is now 2nd best in the world.

We head out for home today - going a different route so we can see something besides Winnemucca Nevada!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Harborwitch (We got to Cloverdale...)
I'll have to check that out. I get tired of the same old potato salad. Thanks for the review, Sharon! I hope you guys have a safe trip home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to check t...)
Thanks! We're aiming to get home Monday some time. Bob has some paperwork that has to be in the mail Monday - and of course it's at home. I'm not sure who's the most anxious to get home - us or the dogs!!!
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Harborwitch (Thanks! We're aimin...)
Good to hear from you Sharon. Safe travels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Mare749 (Good to hear from yo...)
Sounds good - maybe I'll look at what could MY #2 potato salad!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Harborwitch (Thanks! We're aimin...)
When you get home and settled would post the recipe? I don't have that book. Thanks.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Old Bay (When you get home an...)
When we stop this evening I'll post it.
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Old Bay (When you get home an...)
At last! We are fed, the dogs are fed, watered & pottied, and we're almost ready for night-night. That took 3 hours!!!

Blue Potato Salad - makes about 6 servings.

2 lbs red potatoes, boiled until tender and sliced 1/2" thick.

3/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
1/2 c. mayonaise
1/2 c. diced celery
1/3 c. sour cream
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. chopped parsley
minced fresh chives

Whisk together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, celery, sour cream, vinegar, and parsley in a large bowl. Add the hot potatoes and toss to coat. Garnish with chives. Serve salad warm or at room temp.

My notes: My granddaughter and I added hot sauce to our plates. When I make it again I think I'll add some Frank's or Crystal to the dressing. I'm also going to try it with Yukon Gold potatoes - the reds just seemed a little not really "there". Everyone agreed that this was the best potato salad ever.

Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by Harborwitch (At last! We are fed...)
hmmmm, does sound good, Sharon! thanks for posting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking on the Road & Blue Potato Salad Review! by cjs (hmmmm, does sound go...)
Thanks for posting this Sharon. William is going to LOVE this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.