Saturday's Dinner, May 15th????
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Cis is off with her eggplant sandwiches and bottle of wine; Denise is back there (hopefully) looking for a lobster roll; Lorraine is cooking like crazy, so what mundane things are the rest of us up to?

We're having an out of town guest tonight - anyone remember BOHICA from C2C? He's in town this week and is coming out here to P.A. today and spend the night. I'm running to the fish store and getting some great NorthWest goodies for him. Should be fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, May 15th???? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftover Banh Mi here! Gosh that was good and now I can't wait to try the leftovers. I bet they will be even better.

The bread we got was from Sam's Club bakery. It is their Hoagie Buns. They are very big, about 12 inches and are bagged up by the 1/2 dozen. These loaves are always so fresh and have such a nice texture on the inside and a soft crisp on the outide. I often buy these and freeze them and take them out one at a time for a 'french loaf' to serve with dinner.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, May 15th???? by luvnit (Leftover Banh Mi her...)
Oh, Jean...What fun! You two will be cooking up a storm!!! You better take pictures and tell us all about it!

I'm sure he won't remember me from "Adam", but pass on a "Hi!" anyway...what a talented chef!

Since I didn't make the Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar last night, that's on for today. I'm thinking I'll do the mushroom rice and try out this really cool zucchini cake recipe I've heard about. (That's IF I can get some zukes at the local store.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, May 15th???? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean...What fun!...)
Since it's a gorgeous day here, we will be grilling steaks and sweet potatoes, and having a romaine salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."