Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
  Re: (...)
For Rob - he asked for this when I mentioned having it a few weeks ago. I knew my MC was on it's way and was hopping I would be able to retrieve my recipe!!! Sorry it took so long Rob...

I had searched the forum and never found it, but I am sure it must be on here somewhere. I think we did it as a review dinner.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Chicken-
Prepare:
4 boneless -- skinless chicken breast halves, see bottom picture
For the Marinade-
Mix:
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 T. fresh ginger -- minced
1 T. garlic -- smashed
1 T. paprika
2 t. curry powder
1 t. cayenne
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground coriander
1 t. kosher salt

For the Filling-
Combine:
1 pkg. frozen spinach -- (10 oz.) thawed, squeezed dry
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 T. plain yogurt
1 shallot -- minced
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Curry Beurre Blanc-
Reduce:
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. shallots -- minced
Add -- Reduce:
1 T. heavy cream
Off Heat -- Whisk in:
1 cup cold unsalted butter -- cut into tablespoons
Stir in at the End:
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 T. fresh cilantro -- chopped
1 T. curry powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes

Prepare chicken for stuffing.

Mix ingredients for marinade in a bowl.

Combine ingredients for filling in a second bowl. Stuff chicken with about 1/4 cup filling per breast. Marinate stuffed breasts for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grill grates, then grill the chicken, covered, for 10-12 minutes per side.

Reduce wine and vinegar with shallots over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half, 2-4 minutes.

Add cream; simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute.

Off heat, whisk in butter, 2 T. at a time, until melted.

Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt at the end. Serve Stuffed Chicken with Curry Beurre Blanc over basmati rice and garnish with cashews, tomatoes, and cilantro.

Source:
"Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 21"
S(Internet Address):
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by esgunn (For Rob - he asked f...)
I wanna go home!!! I wanna cook in my funky kitchen. I want to make these chicken breasts NOWSad

We're heading home Saturday - or so. I'll be fixing these ASAP.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Harborwitch ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I'm sure glad I have lots of chicken in the freezer.... Safe trip back, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by cjs (I'm sure glad I have...)
We loved this recipe. It's one of our favorites.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Mare749 (We loved this recipe...)
Oooh! Thanks! Can't wait to try this. Never did get that chicken unstuck from the bottom of the freezer, so I'll have to wait until I have get some more. Was out most of the day, today, and will be out of town on Friday, so this will have to wait.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by labradors (Oooh! Thanks! Can'...)
LAURA! Here is another reason to save the website you saved the recipe...You can do this:

Here is the original thread I saved the recipe from.... Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review

I REALLY need to do these again! Thanks for the reminder! I needed a boost from a rut of chicken breasts!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Indian Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Gourmet_Mom (LAURA! Here is anot...)
Oh for heaven's sake, I made this for one of the May b'day dinners (can't remember if it was mine or not) and gave it a 10! Completely forgot about it.

speaking of May B'day dinners, where is everyone? I'm the only one who has chosen one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com