Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!!
  Re: (...)
You'll notice I was halfway thru my pizza when I glanced up and saw the wine glasses in front of me and immediately thought of Bill!!
[Image: MothersDayBrunch2010.jpg]

This pizza is the epitome of a great appy offering. This is a F&W Grace Parisi recipe -

4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1-inch-by-1/4-inch strips
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

----
These were part of the recipe, but I didn't add any salt until serving, then added a little finishing salt. Also, I used my Herbed Pizza dough and used 'cheese pillows'.
Salt
4 pocketless pita or naan
6 ounces thinly sliced Fontina cheese

Preheat the oven with a pizza stone to 450°. In a skillet, cook the pancetta in 2 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat, until crisp; transfer to a plate. Add the garlic, rosemary and crushed pepper to the skillet and cook for 20 seconds. Mash in the beans. Stir in the pancetta; season with salt. Brush the flatbreads with oil and spread with the bean mixture. Top with the cheese. Bake the flatbreads until the cheese is bubbling, 7 minutes; transfer to plates and serve.

Now the to wine that went so well with this -
Retreat Hill Riesling - Bill is familiar with this - he sent us some and it was great with this.

Harbinger La Petite Fleur (43% Chardannay, 37% Pinto Gris, 20% Resling) - it was great with the appie.

Black Box Shriaz - great, also with it.

and of course, the sparkling, what is it not good with?

Great brunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by cjs (You'll notice I was ...)
That sounds like a great recipe jean. Thanks for sharing the recipe! And the wine recomendations!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by cjs (You'll notice I was ...)
Looks and sounds soooo good!!! The wine pairings really sound perfect. Glad you all like the Retreat Hill.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by Old Bay (Looks and sounds soo...)
Looks great, Jean! Something to play with soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by Gourmet_Mom (Looks great, Jean! ...)
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey, so after all of that wine, who was able to do the clean-up???
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by foodfiend (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm[br][b...)
Roy, the dish dog.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Bill!! Wine AND Pizza!! by cjs (Roy, the dish dog. [...)
Hmmm, does he give lessons?!?

(As my husband was signing up for something at a hockey game recently, the woman took the paper from him, looked at his hands and said "you have such nice hands, I'll bet that you don't do any dishes at home..." Safe bet! I choked. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!!!)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com