Saturday's Dinner, 5/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

I picked up a jar of Apple Chutney from Sassafras Catering in Portland's farmers market a couple weeks ago, so I'm making the recipe the gal gave me - "Coronation Chicken Salad"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
I haven't a clue! I've got a strong urge for some seafood, so I may make a run for some shrimp.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't a clue! I...)
My BIL is in town and we want to feed hm well. We'll be having grilled tri tip, served with one of my favorite CAH sides--maque choux, and a tossed salad.

Unfortunately it's really windy today, so we won't be able to have as much fun on the lake as we had planned, but it's always fun when family visits!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by karyn (My BIL is in town an...)
I planned on tofu peanut noodles but DH reminided me that, since we will be having dinner with his mother tomorrow, perhaps we should have our regular Sunday pizza tonight. Which is doable since I have to make bread this afternoon and can whip up a batch of Jean's pizza dough at the same time.

He will not get out of it, though. I just pushed the tofu until lunch tomorrow!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by foodfiend (I planned on tofu pe...)
Sneaky there, Vicci
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by foodfiend (I planned on tofu pe...)
LOL! Vicci, you're a sneaky little thing!

Karyn, I have not had that maque choux for a long time! And I just so happen to have some leftover corn in the fridge.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Vicci, you're ...)
Quote:

maque choux

Gesundheit!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Vicci, you're ...)
We are putting a turkey on the rotisserie this afternoon. Also having grilled/roasted sweet potatoes, casserole dressing, and green beans almondine. Dessert will be butterscotch pound cake. (recipe to be posted)

Two more bottles of wine showed up in Joe and Rena's luggage, for anyone who might be interested.

Santa Julia Familia Zuccardi Viognier 2007, Mendoza, Argentina

Sol de Chile estate bottled Cabernet Sauvignon75%/Merlot25%, 2006 (Had this last night and the other Merlot)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by Mare749 (We are putting a tur...)
OH Maryann, what a fun weekend of loved ones, good wine and great food!! Can't get much better than that. Off to look at the butterscotch pound cake.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? by cjs (OH Maryann, what a f...)
Oh, Maryann! What fun! What a thoughtful guest...LOL!
Daphne