AWOL till May 17th
  Re: (...)
Well unless I can find a computer. We are shutting things down here and I have to be up at 3AM!!!! Who in their right mind gets up that early?!?!

Our flight leaves at 6am and we should arrive in Boston by 4:30pm and then we drive to Cape Cod.

Gonna miss you all Jean don't let anyone in the shooter stash...that's for emergencies only!
  Re: AWOL till May 17th by DFen911 (Well unless I can fi...)
Have a wonderful and safe trip, Denise!

You should take the shooter stash with you, Cape Cod is a wonderful place in which to get "snookered"...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Oh wow. Have a great time!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by foodfiend (Have a wonderful and...)
Quote:

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Denise!

You should take the shooter stash with you, Cape Cod is a wonderful place in which to get "snookered"...

Did you mean "Schnakered" (German, from Schnapps), or both?? Anyway have a good time and have some Boston Scrod. (That is a fish, not a past tense pluperfect!! )
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Quote:

and I have to be up at 3AM!!!! Who in their right mind gets up that early?!?!

Me?

Have a wonderful time, the Cape is great this time of year, and we had an early spring, so the weather is great and the crowds haven't arrived yet. Don't forget to have a lobster roll at a lobster shack next to the ocean somewhere. It's rainy here in NH today, but the Cape is still pretty in the rain.

Have fun!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"lobster roll at a lobster shack next to the ocean" - Oh, I want one of these so bad in this lifetime!!

Have a wonderful safe trip, Denise and Derek! (It's 5:55 a.m., so they are boarded and ready to go)

And, yes, I'll certainly do my appointed job... hic....hic....hic
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by cjs ("lobster roll at a l...)
Well, I missed my wave good bye! In case you get a chance to check in...I hope you and Derek are having a great time, Denise! I agree on the lobster roll! As a matter of fact, we had lobster cooked at a seafood market and served in a basket at a single plastic table, right in the market.....YUM!!!!

JEAN!!!! You better get busy making more shooters! I'm pretty sure she counted those things before she left!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I missed my wa...)
Bill, I've always said "snookered". Or "plastered", but I like the sound of the former, better!

Lobster roll in a shack by the sea... ahhhhhhhhhh...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by foodfiend (Bill, I've always sa...)
Vicci, Jean and Daphne, the absolute best places to get lobster rolls are these places. They usually haul their own catch, get it in and turn it over. No sense wasting money on fancy plates, napkins, decorations, you're there for the food and it's good. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have all this at my fingertips. One of my favorite places is Jackies Too in Perkins Cove in Maine. You are right on the water, the lobster boats pull up to the back door. If anyone ever gets a chance to go there, you won't be sorry you did. Funny story behind the name. Better check out some facts before I post that one!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: AWOL till May 17th by pjcooks (Vicci, Jean and Daph...)
PJ, this post is going in my book under "Maine" label - They'd better stay in business.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com