What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th?
  Re: (...)
what's on the agenda for tonight?

We're having the leftover dinner from the Mongolian Beef wraps. Playing with a walnut pesto to go with zucchini cakes today also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by cjs (what's on the agenda...)
I took out a package of baked ham that was in the freezer. Will make scalloped potatoes and peas to go with. I know, that's kind of a cold weather meal, but I'm trying to free up freezer space.

I'm busy cooking and baking this week since my brother and sister-in-law are coming in tomorrow for a long weekend. UPS just delivered a case of wine, something my brother always does when they are coming in for a visit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Mare749 (I took out a package...)
HEY BILL!! Look what Maryann just received -

"UPS just delivered a case of wine," and what was in the case?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by cjs ( [i]HEY BILL!! Look ...)
Okay, here goes:
2008 Chardonnay, Puerto Viejo, Curico Valley, Chile, Reserve Estate Bottled

2009 Sauvignon Blanc Reserva Castillo De Molina, Elqui Valley, Chile

Vintage Romance Marvelous Merlot North Coast 2001, Sebastopol, C

2007 Red Diamond Merlot, Washington State

Probably more info than you needed/or wanted, but don't know much about wine, except I usually like most of what he sends. Holly got a delivery also, but don't know what's in hers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Mare749 (Okay, here goes:[br]...)
What a fun assortment of wine, Maryann! (and what a great way to make sure you're a welcome guest...)

I dug into my freezer and pulled out the filling and sauce for chicken and green olive enchiladas. I have no idea when I stashed it, but I love how well stuff keeps when I foodsaver it.

The enchiladas were really delicious. I'm already looking forward to lunch tomorrow .
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Mare749 (Okay, here goes:[br]...)
Quote:

Okay, here goes:
2008 Chardonnay, Puerto Viejo, Curico Valley, Chile, Reserve Estate Bottled

2009 Sauvignon Blanc Reserva Castillo De Molina, Elqui Valley, Chile

Vintage Romance Marvelous Merlot North Coast 2001, Sebastopol, C

2007 Red Diamond Merlot, Washington State

Probably more info than you needed/or wanted, but don't know much about wine, except I usually like most of what he sends. Holly got a delivery also, but don't know what's in hers.

I think your brother has excellent taste--Chilean Chardonnay is not usually oaked and should be crisp--drink the 01 merlot first. Really a thoughtful guy--nice key to the weekend--I'll have to remember that!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had a "Dagwood Stir Fry"--vegis "on the verge"--the regulars plus fiddlehead ferns, which we forgot about, with chicken tender pieces in oyster sauce,ginger, and soy sauce. Really fusion--Maine & China!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Old Bay (We had a "Dagwood St...)
Well, I hit the bottom of the freezer today....didn't get to the city last weekend but will this weekend!

My choices were Italian sausage, chicken thighs, and catfish. It's hot, it's Thursday and I'm pooped(!), and anything that William can cook...outside...sounds great to me!!!!! I came home and quickly mixed up some slaw, whipped up some remoulade sauce, tossed the catfish in a bowl of cool water, and hit the deck with a glass of wine and a book. Later, William fried up the catfish and baked some fries. Dinner was GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I hit the bott...)
Quote:

something my brother always does when they are coming in for a visit

Maryann, please feel free to invite him to my place! What a great gift. But, I thought UPS would not ***** wine, or do you have to be creative and say it's concentrated grape juice? I was too tired to cook or eat. But, he did serve me a bowl of chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and chopped Heath Bar bits that I devoured in record time.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, May 6th? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
"bowl of chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and chopped Heath Bar bits that I devoured in record time. " - well, who wouldn't??? Chocolate ice cream, I haven't had that for the longest time. I haven't made ice cream for the longest time either.......hmmmmmm, I'm seeing chocolate cream cheese ice cream on the horizon.

No, for sure not too much info, Maryann! We're loving wines from Chili lately. Off to check these out. Won't you have a fun visit. Let us know what you match them with.

"Maine & China!!!" - now, that is fusion.
www.achefsjourney.com